• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 15, 2021

    Wood carving Basswood plesiosaur chasing a fish (articulated as ambition was for a moving sculpture - the mechanics were beyond me!)

    Wood carving Basswood plesiosaur chasing a fish (articulated as ambition was for a moving sculpture - the mechanics were beyond me!)


    Basswood plesiosaur chasing a fish (articulated as ambition was for a moving sculpture - the mechanics were beyond me!)

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 03:21 AM PDT

    Carved hundreds of flowers onto the sofa frame - 60 working days

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 12:04 AM PDT

    Advice on carving faces?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 10:57 AM PDT

    I usually carve animals and nature inspired items, but I would like to get into carving little art dolls (and at one point would love to try making a marionette), but I'm having a really hard time carving a human face. I know this will be something that is mostly practice, but are there any resources anyone here could recommend to help me in the process? Video, books, articles, I'll take any type of media to study. Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/creepiebeastie
    [link] [comments]

    “Greenman” request for a bathroom light pull. I call him “ Grumpy Dumpy” ��

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 01:18 PM PDT

    Purple fish hook necklace. Material - stabilized wood

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 01:01 PM PDT

    Wood Bangle carving breaks

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 05:16 AM PDT

    Wood Bangle carving breaks

    I've been following a guide on how to make a Wood Bangle... all going well however it cracked in 2, I glued it back together, but then it broke again 4 (not the glue joints though).

    I am trying to carve out the bangles from a thicker fresh walnut branch (15-20cm diameter). Using the natural rings of the branch for strength. But after the piece dried for about a week, it feels very brittle. I can crack it with my hands.

    Image is of the still intact bangle of the 2 I am making. Currently trying to glue the other one.

    https://preview.redd.it/fyh6w8nnxbt61.jpg?width=4000&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=3f58b16d62f27053253196ca93279d5d4088c97b

    submitted by /u/ghristov
    [link] [comments]

    Having fun carving and painting. Any Watchman fans?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 12:16 PM PDT

    Wood carving for meditation

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 01:04 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment