• Breaking News

    Monday, July 27, 2020

    Wood carving Carved a blacksmith and wolf toy.

    Wood carving Carved a blacksmith and wolf toy.


    Carved a blacksmith and wolf toy.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 08:20 PM PDT

    One of the first things I carved. A hollow knight from Hollow Knight!

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 09:31 AM PDT

    Miniature spoon carving I made from bloodwood

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 10:18 AM PDT

    My little gnome! Saw a simple design on here last month and decided to replicate. It was their first project, so thought it would be good base for me to start. Tips on sanding in the tight corners around the nose are appreciated!

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 07:54 AM PDT

    Small and big. Small one was my first time and big my second time carving anything.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 04:03 AM PDT

    Covid Woodcarving

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 01:34 PM PDT

    Finished carving of Ban from Seven Deadly Sins, YouTube video in comments

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 06:06 AM PDT

    Working on a little alien toy- Here’s the head so far.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    Some Sunday afternoon practice.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 01:05 PM PDT

    Are these good kits and tools for a novice to start out with?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 08:08 AM PDT

    I have been interested in whittling and woodcarving since I was seven, and I'm finally going to start it.

    I compiled a list of the items and kits I'm most leaning towards. I'm most inclined to get a kit, because, while I believe I'll really enjoy whittling and woodcarving, I have no experience and don't want to waste a lot of money if it turns out this is not the hobby for me.

    I am planning to focus on small projects. The first few things I plan to make are a cross, coasters, and an egg (I heard it's a good way to get a feel for the basics).

    These are the items I'm looking at:

    ~Kits~

    WAYCOM 12-piece Carving Set

    BeaverCraft S15 Whittling/Wood Carving Kit

    ~Gloves~

    Stark Safe Cut-Resistant Gloves

    ~Wood~

    Basswood

    Pine Wood

    Thoughts? Opinions? Alternative suggestions?

    Lastly, I am left-handed. I'm assuming that won't affect most knives, but if you have any advice on stuff to pay attention to when purchasing knives as a lefty, I am all ears.

    Thanks to anyone who can help!

    My post wasn't showing up before, and I'm guessing it is because of the links to the items, so I will include the links in a comment under this post.

    submitted by /u/schlafengehen
    [link] [comments]

    Test Tree Spirit carving before working on the real branch given to me by someone. Probably should do a few more.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 12:53 PM PDT

    Grumpy man

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 03:08 PM PDT

    My second time carving....tiki

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 08:02 PM PDT

    Looking for suggestions on where to purchase (in the US) large planks of basswood.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 06:28 PM PDT

    Anyone else on ETSY? For my first 10 products, should I have a variety of prices and objects or should I keep it narrow?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment