• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 26, 2020

    Wood carving Before this pandemic, I used to bring my pieces to school and chipcarve when I didn't care that much about the classes. I graduated, I'll miss that.

    Wood carving Before this pandemic, I used to bring my pieces to school and chipcarve when I didn't care that much about the classes. I graduated, I'll miss that.


    Before this pandemic, I used to bring my pieces to school and chipcarve when I didn't care that much about the classes. I graduated, I'll miss that.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 04:39 AM PDT

    Wooden love birds

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 02:57 AM PDT

    I've got a fever and the only prescription is more spoon carving.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 12:51 PM PDT

    Advice on a trade please!

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 07:34 AM PDT

    So heres the deal. I'm not a woodcarver. I just like this page. I do crochet tho. I made a new friend recently who does do woodwork and carving. He even has a small business doing it. He's very talented. He randomly saw some of my work one day and he asked me if could trade work and I'm super happy to do this. He already has an idea of what he wants. It's a rather large piece that's going to take me several months to complete. If I were to sale this piece at friend price it would still be about $200- $300. If it wasn't a friend, it would be closer to $400-$500. However, I told him I would trade if he did something for my parents. I just have no idea what would be appropriate to ask for in return, and I fear he would be too nice and not let me know if I asked for something that would be worth way more than what I give him. I'm Feeling it's going to be just a decorative carving. I guess I would just like to know some examples of things in a fair price range. Like approximate sizes and stuff. Would anybody be willing to link some examples of things in fair price ranges? I would really appreciate it. He's a great dude and I'm also friends with his son. I don't want anyone to feel I cheated him or put him in a tough spot.

    submitted by /u/titsoutshitsout
    [link] [comments]

    I too have a fever.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 05:15 PM PDT

    Your top tier spoon carving woods.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 04:28 AM PDT

    What are they? I'm finding answers like poplars, fruit woods, birch and basswood. Anything else comparable to these?

    submitted by /u/slothfree
    [link] [comments]

    Help Identifying wood

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 05:39 AM PDT

    How do I get started?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 10:51 PM PDT

    Anyone know any good sources that would help me get into carving? I've always been interested but need knowledge such as what tools to get, and proper technique to use, etc.

    submitted by /u/toxic_turtle2
    [link] [comments]

    Found a dragonfly in the middle of a log.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 05:00 PM PDT

    Little teddy bear carving

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 10:14 AM PDT

    Here are a couple of little people I’ve carved recently. I like to do them in pairs. These are based on two of my doctors, a tribute to virus heroes.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 12:10 PM PDT

    Harry Potter Wood Carving

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 03:18 PM PDT

    Whats the best wood to use other then Bass/Lime wood for Chip?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 03:45 PM PDT

    That's easily available in the UK. Need it to be board form but the wood is hard to find in the UK with a good size.

    submitted by /u/lost0ne87
    [link] [comments]

    Need some help with picking knife sizes

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 06:48 PM PDT

    This is probably the most asked question but Ive been researching different knives since I'm just beginning and I don't really understand which sizes I need. I've decided I want to do small to medium sized carvings like a wizard, mushroom, gnome and various animals (biggest would be fist sized) I want to know which knife #'s and mainly looking for a couple all around instruments that would be suitable for these sized carvings and able to carve harder wood if needed. Thank you.

    If not allowed here then I will delete immediately.

    submitted by /u/thisisgeneric
    [link] [comments]

    What do I need to sharpen a carving knife?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 03:35 PM PDT

    I thought I needed just a leather strop with compound. I been reading some Fox Chapel books and they suggested to use a Ceramic sharping stone but they are too expensive in the UK.

    For a strop and compound I was looking at this:

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Strop-razors-Wide-Paddle-English-Full-Grain-Leather-and-balsa-and-green-oxide-2/114293941354

    What stone would you suggest to go with the strop that's not to expensive and for a beginner?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/lost0ne87
    [link] [comments]

    Can a Flexcut detail knife be used for chip carving?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 12:47 PM PDT

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/lost0ne87
    [link] [comments]

    Natural Maple pipe! Hand carved, single piece, about 7inches. My first pipe & excited to make more!

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 03:38 PM PDT

    Tips for carving bamboo?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 11:29 AM PDT

    Hey all, I just got some bamboo cutting boards that I want to use to carve my own bamboo cutlery. I've never made cutlery before and I'm wondering if anyone can give me any advice based on their own personal experience.

    submitted by /u/toolisthebestbandevr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment