• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 28, 2020

    Wood carving This chunk of wood I found out walking my dog, made a little face

    Wood carving This chunk of wood I found out walking my dog, made a little face


    This chunk of wood I found out walking my dog, made a little face

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 05:31 AM PDT

    Birch burl kuksa and coffee spoon I carved a few years ago. Also the only cup I ever made that didn't immediately split so I'm pretty happy with it.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 05:33 AM PDT

    Female body print, 'Pieces'

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 01:44 PM PDT

    Couple of ideas all rolled into one... thing

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 04:43 PM PDT

    Carving motion?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 07:07 AM PDT

    Hey guys. Complete newbie here. I am trying to carve a spoon from some green boxwood. I do the work with an opinel that's almost shaving sharp. When I try to do push cuts with my thumb, I can only carve of tiny flakes (a bit smaller than the size of my pinky finger nail). And I have to take lots and lots of time just for a spoon.

    Is this normal? If not, is there a way to improve my technique?

    submitted by /u/cha0sre1gn
    [link] [comments]

    How to prevent cracks in wood before carving with it.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 06:09 PM PDT

    Firstly, Sorry if title is misleading.

    Secondly, Love the posts here.

    Finally my question, I have been wanting to carve some toy swords for my kids from some ceder or oak that grows on my property however when I look at all the branches that have fallen or recent cuttings from my kin next door the wood is split down into the center and I wonder if the wood is even usable to make a solid length toy.

    Is there something I can do to the wood to prevent this or should I work with it quickly before it cracks and then put a wax on it or something?

    Thanks for helping with my questions, look forward to being here!

    submitted by /u/TheSalvenos
    [link] [comments]

    Set myself a challenge whilst walking my dog today, the next piece of wood I find on the street I'll take home and carve, lol it was this little piece, had fun still tho

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 04:50 PM PDT

    Where to get wood

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 04:54 PM PDT

    Ok I'm in an area that does not have good wood for carving.

    I'm looking for fresh white Birch but everything I've seen online is dried already. Any thoughts on where i could shop for that?

    submitted by /u/Polimber
    [link] [comments]

    6 Color Reduction Self Portrait

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 01:38 PM PDT

    I’m crazy to want to put a peach pie in a brew?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 04:53 PM PDT

    I have access to a steady stream of free pie and one can only eat so much pie. Am I stupid? How would you do it?

    submitted by /u/2-pound_goat
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment