• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 9, 2020

    Wood carving First box, first use of gouge

    Wood carving First box, first use of gouge


    First box, first use of gouge

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 08:44 AM PDT

    [NSFW] I made a hand-carved, live-edge wooden schlong for a friend to politely tell him to go fuck himself <3

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 03:35 PM PDT

    Carved my first spoon yesterday, from some nice sweet chestnut wood.

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 02:32 AM PDT

    My first woodcarving and painting. Was much fun and took me actually about 3 hours to make.. :o

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 11:52 PM PDT

    A work in progress...interupted for 6 years. Hoping to get this done by summers end.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 10:08 PM PDT

    My first time whittling. Not the best, but it's good for a first time!

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 01:14 PM PDT

    A ship in a bottle from another project I accidently broke. A neat recovey. Quarter for scale

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 04:14 PM PDT

    A Skull Flower

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 09:59 AM PDT

    My first wooden miniature, and it's probably my best work done yet.C&C welcome

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 03:55 AM PDT

    Wip

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    Just dropped my new Mora 120 knife after having it for all of 5 seconds

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 03:18 PM PDT

    Not the end of the world (and I already corrected the tip) but, my new Mora 120 knife came today. I took it out of the package, unsheathed the knife ... and promptly dropped it. It bounced off my tabletop, it bounced off my floor mat and rattled around on the concrete floor. I paused for a few moments before making that painful kneel to pickup the knife. Sure enough I broke off the tip of the blade. Luckily it wasn't a huge break and I was able to hone it back to a point. But still.

    Lesson of the day, next time just let the knife poke into your foot to save your tool. Wait, that isn't right.

    submitted by /u/YouKnowWho2016
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Stropping

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 03:36 PM PDT

    So, I've had my strop set up for a while, but every time I go to use it it never seems to actually help the blade cut any easier and when I strop a lot of the compound comes off and sticks to the blade. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

    submitted by /u/Raven_Ashareth
    [link] [comments]

    Sanding aspen wood. “Woolly”

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 04:10 PM PDT

    I carved a spoon a couple weeks ago. I tried to go over it with a knife to finish it, but ended up sanding it with 150 grit sandpaper. Now it feels fuzzy or what they call " wooly". How do I fix this? In Afraid to carve it out because it's pretty thin in places and it's got some tough areas to finish with a knife.

    submitted by /u/slothfree
    [link] [comments]

    Mini bow

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 11:50 AM PDT

    First carving, super nano aquarium build

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 11:04 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment