• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 4, 2020

    Wood carving WIP - scrap wood carving

    Wood carving WIP - scrap wood carving


    WIP - scrap wood carving

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 02:14 AM PDT

    Left side is the third and most recent mermaid carving. Right side is the first mermaid carving I ever did. Both carved out of driftwood

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 04:22 PM PDT

    Finished! The hardest part was getting the expression to feel right. I vlogged the process (and the struggle) of adding the patina on instagram.com/manueldeswaaf

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 11:02 AM PDT

    First all hand tool carving. Maori style fish hook.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 01:54 PM PDT

    Is this too dangerous for you? ����

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 03:52 PM PDT

    "Woodcarving & Chip Carving: Which are the best carving tools and wood?" I get this question a lot and I decided to write an article about that. I hope you find this useful. If you have any question I will be happy to help.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 10:30 AM PDT

    My first comfort bird, for a loved one. Question in comment, thanks!

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 06:05 PM PDT

    I made this with my grandpa

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 04:30 PM PDT

    Happy 4th!!

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    Carving an ocarina. Please help me out!

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 08:37 PM PDT

    Hi there, I'm nub here and trying to carve an ocarina.

    Base sound of it is F minor, 260~270HZ.

    I'm stuck with tuning it and has 8holes on it.

    Please ley me know the procedure have to follow, and if you have any blueprint which would helps me, share me that please.

    Thx for reading and have a nice day.

    submitted by /u/sniper2237
    [link] [comments]

    Staining a carving

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 06:24 PM PDT

    Hey guys I had a question about staining your carving. Specifically small ones under 6 inches. I am terribly afraid of ruining a carving after spending all that time making it.

    Number 1 being how do you prep it and how many coats do you apply? Just 1 is enough? Do you just sand it first? Do you sand it after?

    Number 2 being how do you stain it? Do you brush the stain on, or can you just dip it into stain?

    I tested stain on a couple small pieces of wood that I just made some random cuts on. The stain appeared to come out a bit uneven and dark in certain spots.

    submitted by /u/ThatSlyB3
    [link] [comments]

    An underrated art piece

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 10:48 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment