• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 12, 2020

    Wood carving The Hermit 12”x19” on scrap pine

    Wood carving The Hermit 12”x19” on scrap pine


    The Hermit 12”x19” on scrap pine

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 06:14 PM PDT

    First timer here's my spoon

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 02:20 PM PDT

    Gnome sitting on a mushroom (solid block of basswood, only knives and gouges used)

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 09:02 AM PDT

    Finished today!

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 04:50 PM PDT

    Comfort Birds Style #2 - Foreground birds have a style that is way more comforting while the background style typically has a better presentation.

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 05:26 PM PDT

    Finished Mantels white oak

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    Just finished making my tool box. What do your tool boxes look like?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 09:13 PM PDT

    Eighth whittled figurine (NSFW, technically)

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 11:33 PM PDT

    advice for a certain project

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 04:05 AM PDT

    I'm planning on building an eradicator suit from SWTOR, and I had the idea of building the mask (link below, although it wouldn't hurt to lookup more pictures from different angles and such for a better idea) and I was thinking about carving it out of wood because I know how to use carpentry tools at a decent level (unlike foam or whatever material the average cosplayer uses). But being very inexperienced, I figured I should ask people with more experience on what they think (is it a possible/plausible for carpentry) and what they would suggest (method, material, tools etc etc.)

    I'm new to Reddit so imagine this line to be a suitable ending

    https://i.imgur.com/L7I2rC2.png

    submitted by /u/somethingunorlginal
    [link] [comments]

    What kind of practice projects / tools would you recommend for carving an orange bowl with segments?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 09:19 AM PDT

    Hi, I´m a beginner and have carved a few spoons and simple figurines already. Eventually I want to carve a small bowl that looks like an orange on the outside and has multiple segments inside like a real orange. If it goes well I might try to create another one made up of two halves and maybe a little wooden orange segment. I know that this is probably a quite advanced project idea. I would like to know what kind of projects I can try before to increase my skills enough and what kind of tools to buy. Any strategies for approaching that project are welcome as well. Thanks a lot : )

    submitted by /u/centrifuge_destroyer
    [link] [comments]

    Almost finished an ash carving of Ban from Seven Deadly Sins

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    Hi guys - few close up picture of a bookcase that’s from South Africa. Any idea about the wood?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 06:00 AM PDT

    What kind of wood is this? Cheers!

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 03:45 PM PDT

    Has anyone used this knife?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 01:49 PM PDT

    Just bought my first woodcarving set from hobby lobby today with a bag of wood planks.

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 08:32 PM PDT

    Was looking through this sub. You guys are super talented! Any suggestions to what my first woodcarving set or knife should be? The set I bought for 10$ seems to be super dull it's hard to carve wood off I can only easily carve off wood from the corners. Any tips for beginners? I look forward to starting my first project I just spent today messing around. I will start an actual project tomorrow! Maybe a simple shape or something.

    submitted by /u/dimondbacks9
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know what kind of wood this thing is made of? Many thanks guys :)

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 10:39 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment