• Breaking News

    Monday, July 20, 2020

    Wood carving My teeniest carving project yet - WIP- any advice on how I should proportion the body?

    Wood carving My teeniest carving project yet - WIP- any advice on how I should proportion the body?


    My teeniest carving project yet - WIP- any advice on how I should proportion the body?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 06:15 AM PDT

    Icarus’ shadow, wood & wax, 24” x 48”

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 08:21 AM PDT

    Finished this today! My first bear with a chainsaw. 24”

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 04:53 PM PDT

    Gone down the making Santa's rabbit hole

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 03:23 AM PDT

    Any advice for someone who may look into this hobby?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 08:58 AM PDT

    So recently I have stumbled upon this sub and I think it looks like a really cool and interesting hobby. Are there any tips or suggestions for tools or ways to get started? So far I have added these gloves to my cart - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HHZ4PRZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_S3BfFb322H4P2 Also, I own this pocket knife -https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00006IS69/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_V4BfFbQMJ6Y7S Again, I'm only doing this hobby for fun and because it looks cool. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/MeepSecurity
    [link] [comments]

    Turned old watch into something Cooler using Popsicle Sticks

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 12:05 AM PDT

    First Spoon - Coast Live Oak

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 10:54 AM PDT

    I want to start wood carving, but I don't know where or how to start

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 07:41 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    Obviously, with this pandemic, many of us are trying to do the hobbies or activities we've wanted to do for a very long time. I've been crocheting for several months now, but I've always wanted to learn how to carve wood.

    How can I get started? what do you recommend?

    submitted by /u/mufasaunderwood
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for suggestions: I do chip carving, and recently had an idea for a project that requires a repeating pattern over many pieces. I’ve been using a printout and carbon tracing paper for one-off projects. Is there a faster method to transfer the same pattern onto multiple pieces of wood?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 07:45 PM PDT

    Made a shelf from old scraps of furniture wood

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 01:42 PM PDT

    Given that it's July it was time to carve a santa lol, knife and V Tool finished with a brown wash to age it

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 01:05 PM PDT

    No Mess Carving

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 02:13 PM PDT

    My internetting didn't give me this answer so I thought I'd ask here. I want to buy or make a box or tray that would sit on my lap, strap to my leg, and allow me to carve without having shavings go all over the house. Does something like this exist?

    submitted by /u/jmiah717
    [link] [comments]

    Custom made cannabis one hitter / pipe

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 10:52 AM PDT

    Took up wood working over the quarantine and made one wooden cannabis one hitter/ pipe/ dynavap stem. Dynavap explained: https://www.reddit.com/r/MrPaperless/comments/aq1k7g/what_is_a_dynavap/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

    Used a wooden pen kit blank and did everything myself.

    Tools used: drill press (how vapour path / draw hole), spokeplane and cabinet scraper (to rough out the shape), carving knives , sand paper.

    Wood: red bloodwood

    Finish: sanded up to 2k grit sand paper , mineral oil, and beeswax.

    custom wood one hitter stem

    Future contemplations: going to use a self centering pen vice to make my life easier as I have to mate the the two holes from either side with my drill press. Also gonna use a lap vice.

    submitted by /u/musingsofmadman
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment