• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 5, 2020

    Wood carving Whale relief carving. Thinking of staining it... Any thoughts?

    Wood carving Whale relief carving. Thinking of staining it... Any thoughts?


    Whale relief carving. Thinking of staining it... Any thoughts?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 11:44 PM PST

    Bunny

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 03:58 AM PST

    My fist set of utensils. Late Christmas gift for my Significant Other.

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 09:49 AM PST

    Double Helical Black Cherry Tablespoon Teaspoon Combo, Only used hand tools

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 02:24 PM PST

    I'm fairly new to whittling but I made this the other day and wanted to share:)

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 09:46 AM PST

    My first piece, mostly for practice. All hand tools. Tips & advice welcomed

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 09:27 PM PST

    Made my first spoon from our old christmas tree

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 09:44 PM PST

    A few little boys.

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 10:39 AM PST

    Looking for hardware to project onto wood surface for tracing.

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 08:51 AM PST

    I have some digital files of photos and patterns that I'm looking to be able to trace onto wood for relief carving. From my limited research into projectors, it looks like most will not focus down small enough.

    Does anyone have any experience with this and have some ideas/suggestions of hardware that would work?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Javaman74
    [link] [comments]

    Finished my Baby Yoda carving. I welcome criticism as I'm just learning. :)

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 12:20 PM PST

    Painted this little mushroom I carved because too many people told me it looked like a butt plug :(

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 05:51 PM PST

    Could there be a r/woodcarving.canoepaddles?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 08:48 PM PST

    Carving a spoon from a piece of Walnut.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 12:34 PM PST

    How to start woodcarving?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 04:12 PM PST

    Hello there!

    I am a total newcomer into whittling, I discovered it recently and I am very interested, as I'm looking for a hobby!

    I bought the book The Art of Whittling, I intend to read it when I actually start.

    But first, I'd like to know which knife (or knives) should I buy and other tools as I'm beginning, what are good kinds of wood and overall advice on how to begin!

    I live in Brazil, sadly I have found no references here, like a course or something, so that's an additional challenge, but I'm willing to try it!

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/lernem
    [link] [comments]

    Couple new friends about done.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 12:05 PM PST

    Help on having something carved

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 01:17 PM PST

    Hi there! I dont know anything about wood carving and I came to this subreddit to seek help from people who do it or are fond of it.

    I'm planning to have a crucifix made and I've been scouring the internet for possible designs and so far this one is the one I like most - https://www.holyart.com/religious-items/statues/fiberglass-statues/fiberglass-corpus-of-christ-100-cm-for-outdoors

    I plan to have it carved on wood and have a wooden cross for it made too. On the site, it says that the body is roughly 39 in in height and its to big for what I plan. It also says that its made of fiberglass and I dont know if that material creates better statues but if I know a workshop here that does so, I would gladly have it made using fiberglass, but as of now most workshops I know only work on wood.

    My only concern for the body of Jesus thats to be made is that it looks like the one in the site and that its body structure, proportions, colors and color blending are like the one in the model.

    My question is, would the job be hard for a wood carver considering the size and how well detailed the design is? Thanks a lot!

    submitted by /u/LandeanPeros
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment