• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 30, 2020

    Wood carving Some faceted coffee spoons from Ash

    Wood carving Some faceted coffee spoons from Ash


    Some faceted coffee spoons from Ash

    Posted: 30 May 2020 04:42 AM PDT

    Covid 19 ready, carved out of basswood, variety of tools. This is about a month of odd hours into it

    Posted: 29 May 2020 04:58 PM PDT

    Finished a coat rack today. Carved the duck heads and turned the call

    Posted: 30 May 2020 04:25 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, I am a beginner in wood carving and I have no idea what type of softwood to choose. I have heard that basswood is great but it doesn't grow in Armenia, what are some common woods that are easy to carve, ( i am doing a tray/plate thing nothing detailed)

    Posted: 30 May 2020 07:25 AM PDT

    My hand carved ring collection

    Posted: 29 May 2020 10:26 PM PDT

    Carved a book from a solid piece of basswood.

    Posted: 29 May 2020 10:52 AM PDT

    Carved this bear by the fire over the past few nights. He’s not perfect by any means, and certainly not symmetrical at all, but I’m still proud of him for one of my first projects

    Posted: 30 May 2020 01:10 AM PDT

    Fresh cut branch

    Posted: 30 May 2020 09:51 AM PDT

    Hi all. If I cut a branch from a tree today then when can I carve it? Should I carve then dry or dry them carve... Or...?

    submitted by /u/pantsignal
    [link] [comments]

    Coffee scoop from Douglas fir

    Posted: 29 May 2020 01:54 PM PDT

    Stylised birch infinity carving

    Posted: 29 May 2020 01:25 PM PDT

    My average wooden ring

    Posted: 29 May 2020 10:22 PM PDT

    My first animal ring

    Posted: 29 May 2020 10:19 PM PDT

    What do you finish your painted carvings with?

    Posted: 30 May 2020 12:21 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, I am trying to get into wood carving and really want to paint my carvings. I have the acrylic paints I plan on using picked out but I don't have anything to finish the piece with. I don't want to use linseed oil since it can self-combust, and I don't want anything that would leave a glossy finish. Other than that I would love to hear any recommendations. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/EnthusiastofAll
    [link] [comments]

    My sencond ring but with a dragon drawing p.s. i suck at drawing

    Posted: 29 May 2020 10:21 PM PDT

    My wooden ring

    Posted: 29 May 2020 10:20 PM PDT

    Second Carving I've done, little roach holder with Wizard, hope you guys like this quick little carve I've done bored on furthlough. Wood is elder and used a SAK.

    Posted: 29 May 2020 10:43 AM PDT

    Intarsia ‘Eagle under Flag’, with the original TV screen capture that it’s modeled after. Sti-i-i-i-ll going. I don’t think the flag is recognizable enough without color. Carved from pallet slats which don’t take stain very well anyway. Looks like we’re painting next.

    Posted: 29 May 2020 02:26 PM PDT

    Intro tool set

    Posted: 29 May 2020 02:26 PM PDT

    Hey all, I'm sure this question gets asked all the time and I apologise in advance. My budget is somewhere between 100$-150$ for a multi tool set for hand carving. It's something I know ide invest time into so I'm not afraid to buy nicer tools. What would everyone recommend? Thanks

    submitted by /u/yeaboyson
    [link] [comments]

    Carving and Finishing Bamboo

    Posted: 29 May 2020 10:53 AM PDT

    I'm not very experienced when it comes to woodworking. Recently, I took on shaping some bamboo shot (double shot) glasses. I have some oil to finish them with, but the bamboo is still relatively fresh. So, I'm just curious how long I should wait for the bamboo to dry before applying the oil?

    submitted by /u/jedisobe
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment