• Breaking News

    Monday, August 10, 2020

    Wood carving My attempt of a whale with a top hat!

    Wood carving My attempt of a whale with a top hat!


    My attempt of a whale with a top hat!

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 12:28 AM PDT

    'Water Drop' Hand carved in American basswood. Carved using chip carving and relief carving techniques using knives and gouges. 40cm tall x 23cm large. Top thickness is 1,3mm and Bottom is 1,7mm. Finished in dark stain and oil.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 05:21 AM PDT

    After a huge mental slump/being sick for a few months im finally getting back into woodcarving. These are my favorite things to make, theyre little fidget leaves ^.^

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 01:56 AM PDT

    Made a fresh Birch log look handsome

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 01:10 PM PDT

    Quarter Rest, Purpleheart

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 05:50 PM PDT

    A rite of passage in macrocarpa

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 02:03 AM PDT

    How to maintain and remove slight rust from tools?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 05:47 PM PDT

    I try to keep my tools clean and away from humidity, but they are getting a bit of rust. How should I remove this rust and what oil should I use to keep them nice and shiny?

    Side question: should I do something to the wooden handles as well?

    submitted by /u/QianLu
    [link] [comments]

    Where to buy bark online?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 02:31 PM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    Any idea where I can buy (online) my dad some bark (such as cottonwood) to carve? I once found a guy on eBay who sold a box (7 lbs) of random sizes of cottonwood bark for about $50. But he no longer sells bark on eBay.

    Thank you! Andy

    submitted by /u/Larunatic
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment