• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 18, 2020

    Wood carving Sword grip carved in black ebony wood. Difficult but satisfying

    Wood carving Sword grip carved in black ebony wood. Difficult but satisfying


    Sword grip carved in black ebony wood. Difficult but satisfying

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 07:04 AM PST

    My two most recent carvings. Whittled with a GEC pocket carver in basswood.

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 09:56 AM PST

    Original dragon Woodcarving carved and designed by Brian Takeuchi

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 08:54 PM PST

    New Santa painted!

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 09:16 AM PST

    Vierge à l’enfant en bois de noyer - Virgin and child in walnut wood

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 12:38 AM PST

    Carved a chilled wood spirit in birch ��‍♂️

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 12:08 PM PST

    The Chair

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 02:32 AM PST

    What kind of tree is this?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 07:58 AM PST

    Very first carving ever! Got it carved and sanded, just need to paint. It was inspired by a similar bear that u/Zonk_Zach carved. It’s a Christmas gift for my dad, I’m going to paint it to look like “Roary”, the Detroit Lions mascot (yes, I know the lions suck)

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 06:16 PM PST

    Any ideas how i could make it better

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 10:38 PM PST

    Wood carving Snake head [Hatched egg Theme] , Please comment your suggestions and opinions *Support my YouTube channel, �� [ 0��/0��]

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 06:14 PM PST

    Question about finishing/treatment from anxious whittler.

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 03:31 AM PST

    Hi!

    I've been whittling and carving away for a period now and I'm starting to get somewhat finished pieces that I actually want to save and/or use. It's a mix of figures, eggs, spoons and small bowls. Of course I want to finish them correctly, but when I started to read up about it I got so turned off I started thinking about stop with woodworking completely. I'm quite the anxious person, so no, it may not be rational but it's still there.

    It seems like all the good stuff are prone to self combustion. I live in an apartment and do all my projects there, so I don't have good places to store rags safely (also fumes etc.). It only takes one bad happening and a house with 40-50 apartments are at risk. When I read about for example nut oils it can go rancid, it's not as good etc.

    Do you have any advice on something good for a beginner (who makes more mistakes now in the beginning than a seasoned carver) but are a viable treatment and finish for small projects that I like to look at? If it's safe for consuming/skin contact it's a huge plus as I plan on making some toys and more kitchenware.

    I get that I may be out of luck with this and should just "bucker up", but it's worth a shot asking.

    submitted by /u/frostsparv
    [link] [comments]

    "Puddles" walnut and copper, Me, 2020. Yet another challenging piece down mistakes and growth wS made with this piece. Btw I found the copper booties at a thrift store come to find out they're from the 30's so they live on.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 10:24 PM PST

    Hand-carved Bud Vase in heart pine, lily pad green

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 06:34 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment