• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 12, 2021

    Wood carving A for effort?

    Wood carving A for effort?


    A for effort?

    Posted: 11 May 2021 03:15 PM PDT

    This is Vandahlem Forsyth. 12th generation beekeeper, 3rd generation wizard. While casting a spell to prune the hedges he mispronounced part of it and the enchanted tools cut his head clean off. He still can't figure out how to fix it.

    Posted: 12 May 2021 06:35 AM PDT

    Seeking Starter Advice

    Posted: 12 May 2021 08:54 AM PDT

    Hello woodcarvers of reddit!
    I recently decided to get into woodcarving/detailing and have been looking into getting my first toolset. I figured it would be a wise idea to ask veteran carvers for their advice on tool brands, wood types, and where to buy before I started throwing money around.
    That being said...
    Where should I be looking for tools and wood? So far I've been looking at stuff on Amazon, but I'm unsure if buying from there is wise.
    Any advice you may have would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/TiamatHydralisk
    [link] [comments]

    Australian Carvers

    Posted: 11 May 2021 09:00 PM PDT

    Just wondering if there are any Australians carving - and if so, what kinds of wood do you use? I am wondering if there are suitable native tree species for spoon carving. I am surrounded by many acacia, banksia, angophora costata, ceratopetalum + various eucalyptus spp as well as invasives like privet and lantana.

    If you're not using locally available timber - where does one source the classic temperate deciduous trees our European friends are carving with?

    submitted by /u/Schtang
    [link] [comments]

    spent the evening carving

    Posted: 11 May 2021 03:28 PM PDT

    How to carve a simple pendant

    Posted: 11 May 2021 03:35 PM PDT

    How to carve a simple pendant

    Made another simple tutorial, check it out if you want! You can also download a template for this deer from the video description.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXDH8yafWKM

    https://preview.redd.it/p96hl6egjky61.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=0fbf647c5f8e967e75f9f29cbf32df3713d11503

    submitted by /u/awerewolfie
    [link] [comments]

    Where do I get good wood?

    Posted: 11 May 2021 12:21 PM PDT

    Just got my first carving set in the mail today, wondering where you guys get good carving wood from, my first thought when I think wood is Lowe's/Home Depot, but I feel like they won't really have what I want. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/main98
    [link] [comments]

    10 Best Water Based Polyurethane for Hardwood Floors 2021

    Posted: 11 May 2021 01:25 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment