• Breaking News

    Monday, August 24, 2020

    Wood carving I made a walnut narwhal handle for my old U gouge

    Wood carving I made a walnut narwhal handle for my old U gouge


    I made a walnut narwhal handle for my old U gouge

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 05:48 AM PDT

    A chess set I’m whittling

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 03:45 PM PDT

    My Pepaw has been carving for years and I thought I’d share some of his works with y’all!

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 10:38 AM PDT

    Infinity pendant. Material - Stabilized Ash tree wood

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    Any tips as to how I could make this tree have more life?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 10:04 AM PDT

    Mushroom house I carved today

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    Lewis Chessman Rook

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    One of my recent custom orders - a sneezing face fridge magnet. Carved from avocado pit.

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 10:29 AM PDT

    Beginner quesrion

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 10:15 PM PDT

    I just made a wooden spoon, is minwax polyshades ok to use on the spoon or would it be toxic?

    submitted by /u/crusaderbard
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice: I'm building wood frames for large artwork and getting into hand-carving lots of scrollwork, currently using a standard exacto knife and a dremel, which is fun, but slow and difficult for the desired details. What tools/kits should I invest in?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 04:01 PM PDT

    I've found lots of knives on Amazon for whittling, but what I'm doing resembles more like art frames you'd see from olden times. What did those 18th century wood wizards use? Any resources would be hugely appreciated.

    submitted by /u/BarefootMystic
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 02:09 PM PDT

    Basswood in Europe

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 12:48 PM PDT

    I got into carving during the summer and carved a couple of spoon from some birch. A few days ago I purchased a better knife and some limawood that I thought would be equivalent of the American basswood.

    Is this not the case? Or does anyone know if the species growing in Europe is harder than the American one because I'm having a hard time even getting the knife through. The old birch wood i have is a lot softer but still pretty hard to carve in.

    submitted by /u/breakfastmaniac
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment