• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 25, 2020

    Wood carving Any tips? 2nd piecepiece

    Wood carving Any tips? 2nd piecepiece


    Any tips? 2nd piecepiece

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 07:16 AM PDT

    My Teacher

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 09:57 AM PDT

    This sub inspired me to try whittling here’s my 1st, 3rd and 4th projects!

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 11:11 AM PDT

    tools for sale?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 04:03 PM PDT

    wondering if this is the right sub, or I should be posting to r/woodworking, my father recently passed and it has fallen to me to "redistribute" his extensive hoard of woodworking tools, chisels, planes, etc. would this be the thread to ask questions about this, or the above mentioned? he really loved woodworking (and collecting) and I would much rather his tools go to folks who love this craft as much as he did. if this is not the place, please direct me where I can find folk who might be interested! TIA

    submitted by /u/mistressana
    [link] [comments]

    Basswood question - crazy chipping?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 06:09 PM PDT

    Hey guys! I've been carving for a little while, mostly just wood I have around. I went to the local lumber store today and picked up some basswood boards as I had never actually worked with it before (1" and 2" thick.)

    It's pretty awful. Chipping like crazy, seemingly regardless of what I do. I've carved up bits of random 2x4 that worked better than this.

    Is there a major difference in basswood qualities out there? The stuff I bought isn't explicitly for carving, but I (perhaps stupidly) figured that wouldn't much matter. What's the deal? Do I need to buy those overpriced blocks and tiny sheets from the craft store?

    submitted by /u/AllyPent
    [link] [comments]

    How do i know wich wood i'm working on?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 06:02 PM PDT

    Ive been carving for very little time and have no idea of how to recognize diferent kinds of Wood.

    I usually work on random pieces of Wood that i already have,but are not confortable to work with. Any advise on wich wood to use and where to get it?

    submitted by /u/richaldoonf
    [link] [comments]

    Which is the best type of wood to start wood carving? I have chestnut and fir...

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 01:44 PM PDT

    I would like to start but 90% of the wood I can get here naturally is fir and chestnut, nothing like cherry or other types of wood I saw around this subreddit.

    I don't know if chestnut is good to carve, I already tried with a small piece I had around and a really old chisel I found in my garage but it doesn't feel the best. It chips a lot and it is really hard, it doesn't like to go whre you want to unless you follow the natual veins of the piece. But I don't know how much is tool, wood or my fault.

    I didn't try fir yet, doesn't seem the best by touching it, before cutting trees or doing too many mistakes, I asked here!

    submitted by /u/neilpare
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment