• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 4, 2021

    Wood carving Ebony Gorilla, my recent hand carved Silverback in ebony, with inlaid rosewood and ebony eyes and my usual silver cartouche. Questions welcome.

    Wood carving Ebony Gorilla, my recent hand carved Silverback in ebony, with inlaid rosewood and ebony eyes and my usual silver cartouche. Questions welcome.


    Ebony Gorilla, my recent hand carved Silverback in ebony, with inlaid rosewood and ebony eyes and my usual silver cartouche. Questions welcome.

    Posted: 04 Nov 2021 12:58 AM PDT

    A walking stick I carved from a fallen birch tree. The wood wasn't perfect (hence the crack in the face and some black marks), but I am fairly happy with the results. Let me know what you think!

    Posted: 03 Nov 2021 03:29 PM PDT

    More crystal lapel pins I made!

    Posted: 04 Nov 2021 07:36 AM PDT

    Ebony Gorilla, my recent hand carved Silverback in ebony, with inlaid rosewood and ebony eyes and my usual silver cartouche. Questions welcome.

    Posted: 04 Nov 2021 01:22 AM PDT

    A carved clock.

    Posted: 03 Nov 2021 08:44 PM PDT

    Alternatives to a bandsaw for whittling projects

    Posted: 04 Nov 2021 09:30 AM PDT

    I like to carve little figures and toys for my kids. I want to get a bandsaw to help rough out the blanks, but I am extremely limited in terms of space. Is there anything like a scroll saw that would be a suitable alternative?

    submitted by /u/Ginkery
    [link] [comments]

    A box

    Posted: 03 Nov 2021 11:08 AM PDT

    I mixed Visconti fountain pen ink with stain before immediately hitting it with some lacquer, and got a really cool effect!

    Posted: 03 Nov 2021 06:08 PM PDT

    Ornament Wood Carving

    Posted: 04 Nov 2021 03:34 AM PDT

    I am looking for someone who makes wooden bear sculptures. My girlfriend has always wanted a Black bear or Grizzly bear on all 4’s and I thought for this christmas I would buy her one. If anyone makes them please let me know, I will pay you of course. Thank you so much!

    Posted: 03 Nov 2021 10:25 AM PDT

    I am in Pennsylvania, and I am looking for a bear with a height of 12 inches and a width of 14-20 inches.

    The bear im looking for but this one is too small

    submitted by /u/Rileyita
    [link] [comments]

    What do you do with your carvings?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2021 03:56 PM PDT

    Hello, I know this is a silly question but I'm in need of advice. If you don't sell your carvings, what do you do with them?

    I make little pendants, pins, some figures (not humans or animals, just things), and do some small wood-turnings too.

    I started an Etsy about a year ago to sell some stuff mainly because I just had a lot pieces laying around. Sometimes I enjoy the process of making a particular thing so much I make multiples. I don't enjoy selling them though, or advertising them, but I don't want them to just collect dust. I want people to enjoy them.

    Should I just try to give things away to people I know?

    Sorry this probably comes off as such a silly question, but thank you in advance to anyone who answers :)

    submitted by /u/creepiebeastie
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone about where a Chinese Fringe Tree falls on the Janka scale?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2021 10:50 AM PDT

    Unpack a spray gun for paint and do a trial painting with water-based pain

    Posted: 03 Nov 2021 10:59 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment