• Breaking News

    Monday, December 9, 2019

    Wood carving Bust of my Dad carved from a reclaimed railroad tie

    Wood carving Bust of my Dad carved from a reclaimed railroad tie


    Bust of my Dad carved from a reclaimed railroad tie

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 11:12 AM PST

    New knife day!

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 02:33 PM PST

    Top 10 Best Hand Tools For Woodworking And Carpentry 2019-2020

    Posted: 09 Dec 2019 05:09 AM PST

    Spoon from 2x4

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 10:54 AM PST

    Spoon from 2x4

    https://preview.redd.it/b72ux4u7ig341.jpg?width=2380&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=0affe1dbba56208855c7eb177c3451aef331069f

    This is a spoon I carved from a crappy chuck of 2x4 last weekend. I roughed out the shape in stages on the band saw. The bowl was carved with a large gouge (#7, 35mm). The back of the bowl and the handle were shaped with chisels and a spokeshave.

    The spoon is somewhat shorter than I would have liked, but I was struggling to find a length of 2x4 without knots in it, and this was the best I could do. The execution is clumsy. There is a bit of asymmetry in the bowl that bugs me. Also, if I do it again, I think I'd change the order of operation. I carved the bowl first. That made it very difficult to support when shaping the handle. Maybe I should have done the handle first. Or maybe that comes with its own problems.

    submitted by /u/Fuddy-D
    [link] [comments]

    How should I go about hollowing out a pipe?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 10:53 AM PST

    I'm making a pipe for one of my buddies as a birthday gift. The only problem is I'm an absolute hipster and don't like to use power tools, opting to use chisels n' knives instead.

    How would I go about hollowing out a pipe stem and bowl? Currently I planned on putting together a bow drill and using that but I'm afraid I'll split the wood (using cedar btw).

    Any advice is welcome

    submitted by /u/teh_blackshirt
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment