• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 19, 2020

    Wood carving My second carving, some improvement but a long way to go!

    Wood carving My second carving, some improvement but a long way to go!


    My second carving, some improvement but a long way to go!

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 06:41 AM PDT

    Hummingbird #3... I'll stop spamming these now!

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 09:15 AM PDT

    Winterized carving set up. My wife is a saint...

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 06:46 AM PDT

    I got bored so I upgraded few of my carvings

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 09:26 AM PDT

    Two cookers roughed out for a commission - cherry and black locust.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 09:34 PM PDT

    Two more bowls ready to ship!

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 09:26 AM PDT

    Question about apple tree

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 04:46 AM PDT

    Hello experts,

    I have been carving some apple tree I got from a friend. I've noticed that when I start the carving while the apple tree is still green and let it dry a bit the surface gets darker tone. Sometimes the darker color is just on the surface and sometimes it goes a bit deeper (1-2mm). I'm wondering what makes that coloring happen and is there a way to stop it from happening or should I just work with it. My guess is that something in the wood reacts with oxygen, but I'm not an expert in this field so it's only a guess...

    Thank you for your answers in advance :)

    submitted by /u/KeyFr4me
    [link] [comments]

    Amazing wood carving

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 10:45 AM PDT

    Fridge magnets!

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 08:14 PM PDT

    The Woodworking Bench - Things One Must Know

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 09:20 PM PDT

    The Woodworking Bench - Things One Must Know

    https://preview.redd.it/0hoby1ecrot41.png?width=800&format=png&auto=webp&s=a5a02866847100fcff80f40e111911740d332cbe

    There are several kinds of woodworking tools that are made use of while carving different things out from wood. Some of the most important ones are Woodworking Lathe, Woodworking router, woodworking saws and many more. Now that you are quite inquisitive about all these tools, why don't you catch a small glimpse of the information that is available for such tools?

    Woodworking Lathe: Used for Knurling, woodturning, metal spinning, glass working and metal working, Woodworking Lathe is a key woodworking machine tool. It is also widely used in shaping potteries. Things like baseball bats, table legs, crankshafts, musical instruments and cue sticks are made using a woodworking lathe. The woodworking lathe is a unique woodworking tool because unlike many other woodworking processes, the wood spins while the tool remains mostly stationary. The woodworking lathe may come in a variety of styles and sizes, but most lathes are either smaller tabletop lathes, or larger freestanding lathes with their own legs that can be bolted to the floor.

    Make 16,000 Projects With Step By Step Plans

    submitted by /u/yeiner9204
    [link] [comments]

    Ted’s Woodworking Review — How The Product Of 1000’s Of Wood Plans Can Benefit the DIY Woodworker

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 11:56 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment