• Breaking News

    Monday, April 20, 2020

    Wood carving Workin on the tree tops! Almost done! Probably 5 more hours to completion!

    Wood carving Workin on the tree tops! Almost done! Probably 5 more hours to completion!


    Workin on the tree tops! Almost done! Probably 5 more hours to completion!

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 02:59 PM PDT

    Made my first decent spoon over the weekend, this hobby is so relaxing!

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 08:13 PM PDT

    I’ve been carving a little guy every day in quarantine...table is getting a little full

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 04:29 PM PDT

    My first butter knife

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 08:41 PM PDT

    I've been making deckboxes for trading cards with images of popular cards on them

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 03:22 PM PDT

    Any recommendations on a chisel set? New to the hobby and not sure what to look for. Links would be appreciated!

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 09:33 AM PDT

    So my first project is restoring an old cutting board that had completely fallen apart. I've glued all the the Panels back together and am ready to sand. However, there is a decorative "S" in the center that I want to remain visible so I want to trace it deeper into the wood so my sanding doesn't completely wipe it away. This is why I'm looking for a reliable, but not too pricey, chisel set. For this project I need smaller tools available to keep the detailed design of that "S", but I plan on doing more extensive carving in the future so I want it to be a complete set with everything your average carver would need. Therefore, I also want a set that will last a long time. This particular wood seems pretty hard so I need to rely on the sharpness as well.

    I don't want anything too pricey. Just something that is reasonably inexpensive and provides great value. Web links would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/jlsstory
    [link] [comments]

    My newest wooden doll. Ball jointed at neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, chest, belly, hips, knees and ankles. Each parts are carved in wood. About 5” tall (mainly for 1/12 scale miniature scene and stuff).

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 04:38 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment