• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 18, 2020

    Wood carving First project from this ceder log I found.

    Wood carving First project from this ceder log I found.


    First project from this ceder log I found.

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    Tank

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 10:35 PM PDT

    Stretch

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    Totoro

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    Been a while since I've posted anything here, but here's a bird mask I'm currently working on

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 03:57 PM PDT

    My first spoon. Still need to sand, season, and oil it. Any recommendations on those last two steps?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 09:38 PM PDT

    Woodshop Series Season 3 drops tomorrow on my youtube channel. woodlaxsticks for those who are interested

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 08:31 AM PDT

    Not too early to start on Christmas presents! Worked on some ornaments - they were way harder than I thought they would be! Done with chisels.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 11:57 AM PDT

    Weak Disabled Person Wanting to Learn - I just got this knife set at my local craft store. What else do I need to get started? Also, where do you get wood for carving? Hardware store?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 03:17 PM PDT

    Any good suggestions for a file and rasp set? There’s a few cheap sets at Lowe’s but they appear to be for metal. Will these work?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 05:36 PM PDT

    Just carved up a fresh tiki. Not sure what the wood is.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 05:20 PM PDT

    I'd like to try wood carving- what tools and resources would you reccomend for a beginner?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 03:23 PM PDT

    I'd love to try my hand at wood carving, but I have no idea where to start. What basic tools do I need? Can you reccomend any books, youtube channels etc to get me started? What type of wood is good for newbies, and where do you buy it?

    Thanks to all the talented people on this sub!!!

    submitted by /u/pangur0ban0
    [link] [comments]

    I really should know this, but...

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 03:17 PM PDT

    I'm planning to carve a tray for my dresser out of a board I found in Galveston, and it has a very pronounced end grain. My question is which direction should I direct the grain for a tray; open side up or round side up? I know when you build steps that you want the round side up, but I'm pretty green at woodcarving.

    submitted by /u/Theycallmesupa
    [link] [comments]

    Meeting with a well reviewed woodworker tomorrow for a body of work what should I ask/know?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 08:31 PM PDT

    I won't go too much into the details but I am meeting with a contractor tomorrow to build a pretty big entertainment project for us.

    What are some basics I should look for/ask?

    submitted by /u/ThanksForNoticin
    [link] [comments]

    Beginner Questions

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 03:21 PM PDT

    Hey! So I'm looking at doing some whittling and carving, mostly making small animals and structures like a canoe, but mostly just looking to start carving.

    I have some basswood sets I can buy off Amazon, but not sure where to look for knives, sharpeners, and gloves. Any recommended items for someone of my talents?

    submitted by /u/Squidnugget77
    [link] [comments]

    Safe alternatives to linseed oil?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 01:53 PM PDT

    Hey everyone! I've been finishing my wood carvings with boiled linseed oil, but recently it was brought to my attention that improper disposal can be a fire hazard. Now I'm probably overly paranoid lol

    Are there any safer alternatives to linseed oil? What do you use to finish your carvings? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/adamulus
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Videos or Books to help me learn how to carve Realistic Faces

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 01:47 PM PDT

    I'm still struggling with rounding off the face, if anybody has any books or videos they learned from please share them. I already have, Carving the Human Face Second Edition by Jeff Phares. I am looking into Ian Norbury Carving a Female Head DVD but on amazon it doesn't have good reviews still not sure.

    submitted by /u/throw3059
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment