• Breaking News

    Friday, August 14, 2020

    Wood carving Making a blank for an espresso tamper... Any pro tips?

    Wood carving Making a blank for an espresso tamper... Any pro tips?


    Making a blank for an espresso tamper... Any pro tips?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    Figured out how to sand this (with some help from the community)

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    My first time carving with a chainsaw. Yes, thats a big damn saw for the job. Picked up a smaller one to do details, and i'll finish up with a grinder and chisels. May do a livestream tomorrow if people think it's interesting.

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 08:57 AM PDT

    Advice for a beginner?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 06:20 AM PDT

    My friend recently bought me a spoon carving set and I'm going to pick it up today. I have no idea where to start! I will eventually carve other pieces as well. My parents have a few different kinds of wood on their property so I'm going to have a look into that first.

    I've seen mentions of things like "strops" and I don't even know what a strop is. Also, what sort of sanding methods are recommended? Stains? Varnishes? I'm a total beginner so really any info would help. Any YouTube recommendations would help as well.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/breccaw
    [link] [comments]

    Does this count as "carving"?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 09:16 AM PDT

    Bigfoot

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 12:43 PM PDT

    Viability of (and advice about) European Beech for carving ?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 03:57 AM PDT

    Looking for some advice about the viability of carving European beech, because I have an old piece of timber from my Deceased grandfather's Atelier (he was a carpenter). Idea would be to carve his face and name into its side. Unfortunately I do not know if European beech is suitable for this, so advice would be very welcome.

    submitted by /u/Lollytaco230
    [link] [comments]

    Finished cedar spoon from a while back

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 04:36 PM PDT

    Made from a spoon blank that cane with the carving kit

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 03:47 PM PDT

    Art from my place of work pudding river woodcarving studio

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 11:59 AM PDT

    My first carving done with my new Dremel. I am going to touch up the few bits I can see that need doing. Other than that, I'm super happy with it!

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 11:56 AM PDT

    I just started to make wands, this one is a finger, but the details aren’t painted yet

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 12:42 PM PDT

    Do you enjoy a CNC VIDEO?! Love to hear your thoughts!

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 02:35 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment