• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 21, 2021

    Wood carving I carved a small SNAKE, I struggled to make bends on his body but I am happy with the figure, What you think?

    Wood carving I carved a small SNAKE, I struggled to make bends on his body but I am happy with the figure, What you think?


    I carved a small SNAKE, I struggled to make bends on his body but I am happy with the figure, What you think?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 07:58 AM PST

    My second fire department carving. I enjoy doing large carvings.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 07:09 PM PST

    Tips for wood carving rotary tools

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 08:26 AM PST

    Tips for wood carving rotary tools

    I've been hoping to get a rotary tool to help me carve better, and have been eyeing on this one electric engraving pen for a while now. Positive reviews, multiple bits (is that what they're called?), and people seem to like it. It's pretty cheap too, which is why I'm doubting. I trust the site well enough, I've done most of my online shopping here. Just that, I don't know how durable it is.

    I hope to get tips and advice if I'm looking for suitable mini electric engravers since I've mostly done my carving using x-acto knives, sandpaper and box cutters. If I'm fancy enough, I'd use a hacksaw to cut the 1x1x2cm block as a base.

    My mother wanted me to carve a design on a soft-wood box, and I've found it challenging to use my usual tools. I hope it'll help me in a long run, too.

    This photo is a reference of how tiny I'd go.

    https://preview.redd.it/2rnc8pm2ppc61.png?width=924&format=png&auto=webp&s=74d0bef40c24962491d4b4e7d3c9af7552d13b23

    submitted by /u/s-m-o-l
    [link] [comments]

    Pine wood whittling?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 08:25 AM PST

    Hey there, soft woods specifically for whittling are a real pain to get by in my country. It's just so expensive per piece. So would it be allright to just pickup a piece of pine wood at my local hardware store? I use a victorinox huntsman and just want to start whittling and making cool stuff easily :)

    EDIT: seems like the pine wood is no longer available in my local hardware store... they only have European spruce wood. Can this also work? Thanks for commenting :)

    submitted by /u/MisterHairyFace
    [link] [comments]

    Decided to do a limited fisherman series for my shop.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 12:48 PM PST

    Mr Smokey!

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 07:22 PM PST

    Got these tiny chisels for Christmas, any tips on how to use them?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 03:39 PM PST

    My only tool so far

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 04:28 PM PST

    [Finished] My first relief, pretty happy with how it turned out. Learned so much and already planning my next.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 01:51 PM PST

    Still struggling with sharpening. Should I try new sharpening gear?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 07:51 PM PST

    I've watched at least a dozen YouTube videos on the topic, and I've read countless threads. I have a Beavercraft carving knife that I use exclusively for practice because I've already dulled it so bad. My fear is that eventually all my knives will be dull, and I'll be out of luck.

    I'm trying to use mini diamond stones from DMT. I heard this was one of the best things to use (blue for coarse, red for fine, and green for extra fine).

    submitted by /u/Robot682
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment