• Breaking News

    Friday, January 8, 2021

    Wood carving Trying my first time at some detail. First carving.

    Wood carving Trying my first time at some detail. First carving.


    Trying my first time at some detail. First carving.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 07:22 AM PST

    Owl

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:56 AM PST

    Ya like dags?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 04:36 PM PST

    My version of a Dr. Jekyll

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 11:07 AM PST

    I need help to start

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 09:06 AM PST

    I wanted to look into wood carving but I'm not yet convinced of it what would is the bare minimum of tools and materials to start with to make my first experiences
    In addition to that what are recommended tutorials for starters

    submitted by /u/straytale
    [link] [comments]

    Decorating the yard, just Fun time with carvings,

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 09:32 AM PST

    Great skills of the masters in wood carving - Classic carved TV cabinet ...

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:07 AM PST

    I carved this

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 11:19 AM PST

    Eating spoon from apple made using the Deco Template from The Spoon Crank.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 03:10 PM PST

    How do you go on and carve a specific thing? Do you use any programs or do you just use pictures as a template?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 11:22 PM PST

    I am looking into woodcarving. Of course I will start with simple stuff, for example I need a new spatula. However my ultimate goal is to carve a full set of traditional japanese masks like the tengu mask or the oni mask. However I can't imagine making these without some 3d template as my perspective visualisation sucks. Do you use programs for more complex stuff?

    submitted by /u/Oxidus999
    [link] [comments]

    This is what I ended up with...

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 06:16 PM PST

    Ponderosa Pine for spoon/utensil carving?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 01:57 PM PST

    Hi there!

    I also posted this to /r/Spooncarving, but thought I would ask here too.

    I'm new to the hobby and live in Northern Arizona and am surrounded by mostly pine forest. I was wondering if pine can make for good spoons?

    The pine up here tends to be a lot denser than elsewhere because of how dry it tends to be here. My FIL from the east coast helped me saw up some wood last year and he commented how the pine felt almost as dense as some of the hardwoods on his property.

    It got me thinking if pine would be usable or if anyone familiar with the region might know of a better wood that would be as easy to get a hold of.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Waldharfe
    [link] [comments]

    Wood type recommendation

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 03:19 PM PST

    I'm a complete newbie to the topic. I'm looking for a type of wood that would be fairly easy to modify by hand with a knife, but still strong enough to not break with one swing (I'm not planing to do any extreme things with it, primarily decoration and occasionally posing with it - yes, it's a weapon)

    submitted by /u/FallenDisc
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment