• Breaking News

    Monday, January 18, 2021

    Wood carving [WIP] guys! I made a thing! My first project (apart from one little whittled cat): Baba Yaga's house on crow's/magpie's legs. I want to add more details but am worried I'll mess it up so I'm going to put it to the side for a bit. Also contemplating what to do with the frame. Feedback/tips welcome!

    Wood carving [WIP] guys! I made a thing! My first project (apart from one little whittled cat): Baba Yaga's house on crow's/magpie's legs. I want to add more details but am worried I'll mess it up so I'm going to put it to the side for a bit. Also contemplating what to do with the frame. Feedback/tips welcome!


    [WIP] guys! I made a thing! My first project (apart from one little whittled cat): Baba Yaga's house on crow's/magpie's legs. I want to add more details but am worried I'll mess it up so I'm going to put it to the side for a bit. Also contemplating what to do with the frame. Feedback/tips welcome!

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 05:07 AM PST

    I carved a grumpy moon.

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 05:30 PM PST

    There are still a few details that need to get smoothed out during the sanding phase, but the face is pretty much finished. :D

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 11:50 PM PST

    First attempt at carving my gecko, Pickle! I was nervous to attempt it at first, but I think it turned out okay - make wood carvings of your pets!

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 05:36 PM PST

    Om!

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 07:49 AM PST

    Mountain lion in basswood, finished with linseed oil and wax

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 02:03 PM PST

    Oseberg-inspired carving that I just finished. This will become a viking-style chest eventually

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 10:46 AM PST

    My 6th Carving, a Basswood Gnome

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 07:29 PM PST

    Prince Charles tries to save forgotten art of wood carving after warning it could be lost for future generations

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 10:24 AM PST

    The first thing I ever carved! A spoon made of maple, and pretty crooked.

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 05:21 PM PST

    First kuksa complete, made from log of maple destined for bonfire. Some images show crack that formed, could see clear to other side. Gave it as much walnut oil as it would soak in and it sealed up on the inside! Currently holding water without a problem

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 11:45 AM PST

    Any advice on how to get that turtle skin looking texture all around? It only really showed up well on the front of him. This is only my second carving ever so any advice is welcomed please

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 04:48 PM PST

    How to start woodcarving

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 09:33 PM PST

    Hi I'm interested in taking up wood carving/whittling as a hobby as I'm getting pretty bored of playing video games. Does anyone know any good videos to watch or information on how to get started and what tools to use?

    I'm hoping I won't have to invest much money into getting started (I'm a uni student)

    submitted by /u/GeneralHayes21
    [link] [comments]

    How is this type of wood called in English? And can it be found in the US?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 02:55 AM PST

    Where do you get your wood?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 08:27 PM PST

    Hello everyone! New to carving and discovered this community. Loving the work I'm seeing. Just wondering where most folks get their wood from. I picked up some basswood with my starter kit and started carving into it and I really don't like the feel of it. I want to practice a bit more on wet wood instead of really dry wood. Any tips would be appreciated, thanks.

    submitted by /u/LimitlessMentally
    [link] [comments]

    I bought this vintage Japanese whittling knife. Need help figuring out how to put a finish on it.

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 05:51 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment