• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 9, 2021

    Wood carving I just finished this young lady last night. The face paint was a request of my 4 year old daughter since we had just finished watching Coco together. What do you think?

    Wood carving I just finished this young lady last night. The face paint was a request of my 4 year old daughter since we had just finished watching Coco together. What do you think?


    I just finished this young lady last night. The face paint was a request of my 4 year old daughter since we had just finished watching Coco together. What do you think?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 05:53 AM PST

    Im about halfway done with Alice standing on a mushroom. Its a fun, but delicate little carving.

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 07:47 PM PST

    Lucky Luke

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 02:22 AM PST

    Sexy lady.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 03:30 AM PST

    Started woodcarving a couple months ago and I love it! Here is a butter knife I made and a ring I made for my (now) fiance!

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 03:56 AM PST

    I carved a family of fat cats (Black Walnut, Cherry, Ash, Black Locust, Mahogany)

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 04:34 PM PST

    Next goal: make a mask that actually fits on someones head and stop using woods that are difficult to carve.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 04:39 AM PST

    The first two!

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 09:07 AM PST

    Chef's Spoon carved from Maple, treated with butcher block oil. (OC)

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 05:12 PM PST

    Osage, needed a new coffee spoon. So I carved one. Excuse the living organic stuff, all about the dead stuff here in the community ��

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 09:11 AM PST

    Bought double-edged carving knife on a whim. How to use/sharpen? (pic)

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 04:55 AM PST

    https://ibb.co/PtksWbG

    So I went on a knife shopping spree recently and I bought this Kirschen on a whim and I haven't a clue how to use it – much less how to properly sharpen it since it's double-edged.

    I've never seen such a knife used before in any woodcarving videos. Where do you folks see this becoming particularly useful? Cost me 11€ so I don't see the point in returning it.

    submitted by /u/Chawree
    [link] [comments]

    Not art, but same skills. Still satisfying.

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 07:19 PM PST

    Simple cedar bowl that I just finished up. Really pushed my tools and the wood to its limits and ended with a wall thickness of 1mm which gradually increases towards the foot to about 3-4mm. Hand tools only

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 03:41 PM PST

    WIP

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 08:53 PM PST

    I’m very new to wood carving, but I wanted to show you guys some of the things I’ve made and the Valentine’s Day present I’m making for my boyfriend

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 07:28 PM PST

    Shapes in a log?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 07:15 PM PST

    Hey, I have a hollow log (not sure what the type is but it's pretty hard wood) and I want to cut some stars out of it and put a light in the middle so it shines through the stars.

    I thought I might do 4 pointed stars, use a spade bit to get the center of the star out then draw the points, at the tip of each point use a small drill bit to drill a hole then use a knife to trace the lines that make it a star then use a hammer and chisel to gently tap along the traced lines to split the shape out. Then some fine tuning. But I'm not sure if that's a good way to go about it or not, I've very new to the world of wood anything so I'm wondering if anyone has any other ideas?

    Thanks 😊

    submitted by /u/TheFreak7_
    [link] [comments]

    Womans face, going to round the jawline more but having trouble with the lips, more in the comments

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 12:25 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment