• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 9, 2021

    Wood carving Hello fellow carvers! I recently finished (I'm fairly certain) a tardigrade carving.

    Wood carving Hello fellow carvers! I recently finished (I'm fairly certain) a tardigrade carving.


    Hello fellow carvers! I recently finished (I'm fairly certain) a tardigrade carving.

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 09:27 AM PST

    Had an idea, executed it with some scrap Juniper. Considering doing a larger piece.

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 12:18 AM PST

    Update It took 6 hours of shaving but I've gotten the basic shape I want before making it fit in my hand easily. Been using a broadsword handle as the guide for a decent handle width. Going to draw that on and then start shaping to that. Thanks for the advice on different cuts they have helped a lot

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 02:34 AM PST

    I recently got into bird carving and just finished these two. No dermal and no wood burner..... yet

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 01:02 PM PST

    Drosten Recreation, Basswood, Me, 2020

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 10:51 AM PST

    Angel Study #6, 65" x 24" x 2.5" oak

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 02:14 AM PST

    Tree that has been dead for at least 3 years, drying wood and safety

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 07:49 AM PST

    A tree in my neighborhood that has been dead for at least three years was finally chopped down by city maintenance. I took some nice sturdy branches before they came and collected the parts, and I am wondering if I should let the wood dry out or if it is sufficiently dry because the tree was standing dead anyway. If yes, how long should I let it dry? Secondly, is it safe to make things like spoons or bowls from this wood, there isn't any clear mold or insect damage on it, but it is the only tree in the whole street that died for some reason and I don't know if I should assume something toxic happened.

    I only took up this hobby last week, so it was a huge coincidence that I suddenly had a big amount of wood available to me a week later. I am a complete and utter beginner.

    submitted by /u/beginneratall
    [link] [comments]

    Kiridashi vs standard bench knife vs chip carving knife

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 05:19 AM PST

    What are the differences (excepting the obvious about blade face, ethnicity etc)? Which of these can do all the same cuts as the others? How are the cuts different from eachother? How is a kiridashi different from a skew chisel (aside from the handle)?

    submitted by /u/Ivar-the-Dark
    [link] [comments]

    A monkey and his mushroom friend :)

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 10:37 AM PST

    My first time ����

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 12:44 PM PST

    Ergonomic handles- are they worth it?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 03:50 PM PST

    Is so how do you find the right size for you, when buying online?

    submitted by /u/Ivar-the-Dark
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment