• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 27, 2021

    Wood carving Polished up my finished products up, number 2 pencil for scale.

    Wood carving Polished up my finished products up, number 2 pencil for scale.


    Polished up my finished products up, number 2 pencil for scale.

    Posted: 26 Oct 2021 11:01 PM PDT

    I carved this moai out of a fence post, and painted him with stone paint.

    Posted: 26 Oct 2021 11:12 AM PDT

    How do I get the wood smoother without losing some of the detail on this heart? Also, any ideas for the pedestal? :)

    Posted: 27 Oct 2021 05:13 AM PDT

    The art of crafting furniture from artisans - Make a luxurious classic style table

    Posted: 27 Oct 2021 04:39 AM PDT

    Lapel pin I made. Beautiful aurora opal coffin in hand cut and carved wood setting

    Posted: 27 Oct 2021 07:11 AM PDT

    Wood gurus: Are these real wood-carved figures, or lookalikes? More info in post

    Posted: 27 Oct 2021 10:20 AM PDT

    I have these carved figures that I bought in Tanzania around 2006, and I've always wondered if they're real wood (and what type, if they are) or if they're manufactured to look like carvings and sold as tourist bait. I ran into the "fake" stuff a lot.

    I do see what appear to be tool marks from hand carving, and perhaps a stain was used to darken the original wood, but markings can come from a pour mold. I'm not an expert.

    Regardless, I think these are beautifully done and am just hoping someone can help me identify the material they're made from?

    Here's the photo album

    submitted by /u/PhotogsArtimus
    [link] [comments]

    Need help looking for wood carver to make a statue of my dog

    Posted: 27 Oct 2021 09:06 AM PDT

    I'd like to get a 1 to 1 scale wood statue of my dog hes not big just a dachshund idk if there a subreddit for people who would do that for me or if anyone know of a place that could do that for me please help

    submitted by /u/CoreOw29
    [link] [comments]

    Ruler of men

    Posted: 26 Oct 2021 06:35 PM PDT

    "For The Hummingbird"

    Posted: 27 Oct 2021 06:02 AM PDT

    Can i make a block out of planks to carve?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2021 12:34 AM PDT

    Cant find any right sized soft wood blocks where i am so can i just glue some planks/sheets together to make a desired block? Would that be work for carving? Also can i just use normal wood glue? Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Bashful_Daoist
    [link] [comments]

    Beginners tools

    Posted: 26 Oct 2021 07:44 PM PDT

    Hi everyone. I want to get into wood carving but don't know where to start. I want to carve objects like the one in the link below but don't know what tool set to get. Whittling seems to result in rougher carvings than what I would like, but I don't know if it just a matter of sanding once I whittle the shapes. I have a whittling set, but no gouges or chisels. Where should I begin?

    https://images.app.goo.gl/Tfk6fyDAuAZ7utpi7

    submitted by /u/javacham
    [link] [comments]

    Engagement ring box...

    Posted: 26 Oct 2021 11:13 AM PDT

    Hey fellow woodcarvers, I got a flex cut palm set and am just getting into carving bass wood. I intend to create a beautiful engagement ring box out of a sturdy wood and imagine bass wood would not be a good one to create this with. What are your favorite woods to work with? Does anyone have a list of woods as far as hardness in order? What other tools should I have? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Wizard_Knife_Fight
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any good resources for puppet making?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2021 11:22 AM PDT

    Hi! I'm an amateur wood carver who's done plaques and simple things like that, but I'd really like to get into puppet making. Ventriloquist dummies specifically. Are there any good resources on YouTube or the web somewhere with some good pointers and tips? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/PrimoLanding1002
    [link] [comments]

    The next mora... 120 or 122

    Posted: 26 Oct 2021 02:23 PM PDT

    Hi All,

    I am wanting to get a shorted blade knife for smaller stuff and I think in a lot of spots a shorter blade would work better for me.

    I have a 106 and a smaller beavercraft that I am not that fond of sharpening so often. But I was looking at the 120 and 122, the reason I thought possibly the 122 is because it looks like I could do some chip carving with it where as the 120 would be a bit harder to with the blade shape.

    Just wanting to get some input from you all who have or have tried the 120 and/or 122 and if you like or dislike the 122? TIA!

    submitted by /u/tomrob1138
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best tool and method for taking an irregularly shaped tree branch from too thick to just right for a hiking stick?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2021 10:03 AM PDT

    I have a tree branch of appropriate length and dried-out-ness to make a hiking stick, but it's way too thick. I have carved sticks before that started off an appropriate thickness but want to use this nice long one I've got now, but just be able to make it narrower gauge. Seems like it would be too inefficient to power sand it, but maybe that's best. I don't have a lathe and it's too irregular to spin like that. I tested a hand plane on it but that seems like it's going to take forever. What tool and method, with less expensive being better, would you suggest as the optimal way to narrow it?

    submitted by /u/turkeypants
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment