• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 14, 2021

    Wood carving I made a naked lady! Inspired by Venus of Willendorf. My 2nd figurine, 3rd carving in total, I'll oil her once the stores reopen. Basswood/lindenwood+chisels+sandpaper

    Wood carving I made a naked lady! Inspired by Venus of Willendorf. My 2nd figurine, 3rd carving in total, I'll oil her once the stores reopen. Basswood/lindenwood+chisels+sandpaper


    I made a naked lady! Inspired by Venus of Willendorf. My 2nd figurine, 3rd carving in total, I'll oil her once the stores reopen. Basswood/lindenwood+chisels+sandpaper

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 05:52 AM PDT

    Beautiful wood carving of a fish

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 11:27 AM PST

    Work in Progress...Wizard...inspired by #DougLinker

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 01:50 AM PST

    Any Deadheads in this group?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 10:15 AM PDT

    Creativity in wood

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 01:37 AM PST

    Doug linker tutorial. Everything came in the mail today so I watched the owl tutorial and tried my hand at it. It’s rough and choppy looking, but I am proud of this and will continue to try.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 03:18 PM PST

    A short video of my latest carving. I don’t think I can add images to the same post so they will have to come later.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 02:58 PM PST

    My piping plover. This one was pretty difficult. I think the feathers have a lot of potential for unique texture that I wasn’t able to fully capture. I may have to revisit this in a year once I have some more experience.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 03:01 PM PST

    Now painted...and gave him a little friend!

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 11:03 AM PST

    Bog oak handcarved witchy cat pendant, golden details painted in acrylic

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 02:35 PM PST

    Found in woods: spalted downed (maple?) branch. Found and sanded it yesterday. How long does the mold take to die? Where should I store it in the meantime? Is it safe to have inside or absolutely not?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 05:07 AM PDT

    Finally got my wood carving shed organized! it’s about time ��

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 04:16 PM PST

    Tree Love

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 01:45 AM PST

    My own carving tool caddy. I saw a much nicer one the other day and wanted one for myself. Mine’s simpler and more crude; “form follows function”, but I’m very happy that I have my very own tool caddy. Thanks for the idea.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 02:30 PM PST

    Better whittling technique

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 11:33 PM PST

    When I carve I hold the object in my left and and drive the blade with my left thumb. This eventually leads to thumb, and neck pain. Is there another way to whittle without driving the blade like this?

    I'm learning how to sharpen and strop my knife.

    I'm considering a heavier blade (kiridashi) to reduce the effort needed to cut.

    submitted by /u/Ivar-the-Dark
    [link] [comments]

    Schaaf V tool came chipped, any tips for a newbie on how to fix it?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 05:25 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment