• Breaking News

    Friday, March 12, 2021

    Wood carving New and improved gouge rack I made from oak and walnut

    Wood carving New and improved gouge rack I made from oak and walnut


    New and improved gouge rack I made from oak and walnut

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 03:44 AM PST

    Carving a dog. Still in progress.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 09:17 PM PST

    literally my first time �� it took like 7 hours xD

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 06:05 AM PST

    amateur

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 08:10 PM PST

    A little Hobbit friend (basswood and acrylic)

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 11:00 AM PST

    Oak pendant I carved. Thought it would look good on this necklace.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 07:40 PM PST

    My first ever carving! Learned a lot from the class I took and I’m look long forward to improving!

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 03:55 PM PST

    Decided on a whim that I want to start carving. Made an impulse purchase and bought a super cheap Amazon set. Will this be ok for someone who has literally never carved anything?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 09:19 AM PST

    Title says it all. I've recently chosen to go sober and I wanted to find a hobby that can keep me busy in my downtime. My first project is going to be an alien from toy story. Will I be able to achieve this with a $30 set from Amazon? Also any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/WarJeezy
    [link] [comments]

    @rotarychisel in action on some super hard and dense old growth oak

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 09:43 PM PST

    I made this feather today, still needs some work but I think it's coming together nicely

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 11:57 AM PST

    So I have these smaller blanks that I have no use for, how viable would it be to glue them together and do a face carving? Maybe the mismatching grain would look cool but what about carving into them?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 03:44 PM PST

    First attempt at a bentwood ring. Less messy than carving them out of a solid block thats for sure!

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 10:50 AM PST

    Woodworking plans

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 03:25 PM PST

    Sore neck

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 03:07 PM PST

    I usually carve with a bench knife or flat palm chisel, and the project in my left hand. Despite stropping and sharpening I find myself driving the blade through the wood with force. After a while my neck and left arm get sore. It is more noticeable with the chisel. I usually carve on teak and other soft woods, sitting crosslegged. Is there something I can do to reduce this issue? I'd expect the right arm and neck to get sore for all the force I exert. Interestingly, its the left. I thought moving to a larger/ heavier blade might be a solution.

    submitted by /u/Ivar-the-Dark
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment