• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 2, 2021

    Wood carving Little tortoise

    Wood carving Little tortoise


    Little tortoise

    Posted: 02 May 2021 03:00 AM PDT

    My hand carved Kestrel head and shoulders in Wenge, aka Partridge wood. I then inlaid two ebony eyes, a horn and dyed bone beak. Hope you like it, I have been away on other projects recently.

    Posted: 01 May 2021 01:59 PM PDT

    After paint and finishing

    Posted: 02 May 2021 09:20 AM PDT

    Latest project “The Mechanic”

    Posted: 02 May 2021 09:46 AM PDT

    I’ve been trying to make some faces, I think this one is quite nice.

    Posted: 01 May 2021 08:52 PM PDT

    Question: how to protect basswood carving?

    Posted: 02 May 2021 03:37 AM PDT

    Question: how to protect basswood carving?

    Hello! Today i finished my first carving. It is a small heart made out of basswood. The burnt engraving was made with a wood burning pen. There is still a few steps to go before im truly finished with this project. Its supposed to be a necklace. I'm going to drill a small hole on the top to insert the copper wire (seen in the picture), which is going to act as a loop for the string. I figure fixing it with a drop of super glue inside the hole isn't a terrible idea. Before i do that i would like to apply a finish to the heart, to protect it from sun, moisture, heat, scratches etc...

    I need advice for basswood finishes. I have heard of people using linseed oil, but after a quick wikipedia read, i was informed that the linseed oil doesn't do much in terms of protection or preservation. What would be some suggestions on how to give this thing a longer life?

    https://preview.redd.it/cpmomqx4pow61.png?width=347&format=png&auto=webp&s=9259f466364e5b4f11109ade2eae798e398faa45

    submitted by /u/No-Puhi
    [link] [comments]

    Just a noob asking obvious questions

    Posted: 01 May 2021 10:28 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, I just joined this sub because I've just gotten my hands on a great set of carving tools and would love to get started on some quality woodcarving. I am sure there are dozens of posts like mine, but I honestly couldn't find any, so please be patient and nice with this guy. Here's my main question, which probably has a large subjective variety of answers: Where do I start? 😅 i mean, where do I learn about all the tips and tricks of how to use my tools and the dos and don'ts of woodcarving? What should i begin with working on? Is there any 3DBenchy for woodcarving? What type of wood is the easiest to waork with? Any books or courses worth checking out? And so on. Any tips are appreciated. Thank you in advance for your kindness.

    submitted by /u/Spamboi13
    [link] [comments]

    Butternut Giant (detail) - Deviantart

    Posted: 01 May 2021 03:38 PM PDT

    Red sandalwood heart pendant

    Posted: 01 May 2021 03:11 PM PDT

    Anyone have a 1-3/4 Helvie roughout knife they want to sell?

    Posted: 01 May 2021 12:31 PM PDT

    I was on the site today right at 3 and still couldn't get one.

    submitted by /u/SlimTidy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment