• Breaking News

    Friday, October 15, 2021

    Wood carving I figure the smaller I make my first spoon, the more room I have to grow. I also learned a valuable about delicacy :3

    Wood carving I figure the smaller I make my first spoon, the more room I have to grow. I also learned a valuable about delicacy :3


    I figure the smaller I make my first spoon, the more room I have to grow. I also learned a valuable about delicacy :3

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 07:25 AM PDT

    Skull I'm carving in plum wood.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 10:51 PM PDT

    Fun little project I just finished.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 10:23 AM PDT

    My own process making plurrrgs.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 08:31 AM PDT

    Ash Rosette

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 11:07 AM PDT

    I couldn’t find any 32mm tapers at the time I wanted to stretch up this past year so I made my own�� it only took a week per ear to go up from 25mm. My wife loved how it looked, I hated it. Still fun to make and got the job done! Thanks über Lube! Lookin like a fancy bottle stopper!

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 09:52 AM PDT

    Mandala Pendants I have made over the past year! Big passion of mine! Designed burned and carved(I use a dremmel typically)

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 07:41 AM PDT

    I would love to recreate this totem from brother bear. I have zero skill and minimal tools. Is it possible? Do you guys have any tips on how to proceed? Thanks

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 05:55 AM PDT

    Tribute to frontline healthcare workers carved from cedar

    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 01:42 PM PDT

    Pink fish hook necklace. Material - Stabilized maple wood

    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 11:55 PM PDT

    Another “wish chip” for my pocket today! Aurora (aura) opal stone.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 03:09 AM PDT

    Second attempt at a spoon lookin more like a bowling pin

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 09:45 AM PDT

    Starter supplies as a gift for a good friend who needs something to do with his hands. He’s not doing well. I know nothing. Recommendations please.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 07:11 PM PDT

    Hello! I've just joined this sub in order to get some assistance from the kind side of Reddit. In case you don't feel like reading, an upvote or comment would be much appreciated so that I can get more input. Please. I'm not karma hunting. I just want help. TIA!

    I have a close friend who is loved by anyone who meets him. He's always kind and thoughtful. Constantly doing nice things for anyone around him. He and I had a very difficult conversation today in which he was blunt and honest with me about his mental health. He admitted things that are hard to hear from someone you care about. He is currently safe and looking into professional help.

    He and I are very similar in how we process and react to things. Due to the nature of our military jobs and barracks life, it's very common that people end up feeling this way. The thing I've seen help the most is finding a hobby that has nothing to do with military, working out, drinking, or our job field. Something about separating yourself from it all for a little while and actually decompressing. ANYWAYS…

    He loves projects, working with his hands, and being creative. Due to his financial situation, he's not in a place where he should be purchasing materials for a new hobby. He used to do some woodworking and misses it but he doesn't have the space. I would like to (non confrontationally) gift him with basic carving tools, wood, and whatever else he may require to complete at least a few projects. What am I buying? What should I NOT buy?

    Due to not wanting to make him feel uncomfortable if I spend a lot, I think a $165 cap is fair. Will that be enough for the basics? Honest opinions? I might get him everything for a clock and spend a little more because I know the clock would most likely end up in my home lol. And he would LOVE putting it together.

    Thanks!!!

    submitted by /u/drunken-black-sheep
    [link] [comments]

    New Videos are available to watch on the school of wood carving site. Carving Venice Room (Venetian Style Wood Carving ) 135-3

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 06:29 AM PDT

    New Videos are available to watch on the school of wood carving site. Carving Venice Room (Venetian Style Wood Carving ) 135-2

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 06:26 AM PDT

    I collect antique Lane Cedar boxes and design on them! Woodburning and carving. Labradorite stone set using resin. Love this one! Sold a while back.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 06:25 AM PDT

    New Videos are available to watch on the school of wood carving site. Carving Venice Room (Venetian Style Wood Carving ) 135-1

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 06:24 AM PDT

    New Videos are available to watch on the school of wood carving site. Carving Authentic Venice 15th-century room 135

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 06:20 AM PDT

    Tried sanding from a cube to a ball. My hands are tired.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 03:46 PM PDT

    Bear family)

    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 10:50 AM PDT

    Life happens. Just ask this fella ��

    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 01:33 PM PDT

    You got this!

    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 01:35 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment