• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 16, 2021

    Wood carving Carving for the first time, flower (1st project) and boat on sea (2nd project). Once i get the handlefted hook knife, then I'll try a spoon. Comments?

    Wood carving Carving for the first time, flower (1st project) and boat on sea (2nd project). Once i get the handlefted hook knife, then I'll try a spoon. Comments?


    Carving for the first time, flower (1st project) and boat on sea (2nd project). Once i get the handlefted hook knife, then I'll try a spoon. Comments?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 05:38 AM PDT

    The interesting iridescence of this wood

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 12:40 PM PDT

    Basswood supplier in Spain?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 07:52 AM PDT

    Hi! I am new to this hobby, and I am currently starting to whittle using flexcut knives. I went to my local supplier of woodcarving tools, which is amazing btw, and they didn't sell any basswood.

    I have picked some other woods which they recommended me for being "soft". I have had some success with gouges and chisels (flexcut and also pfeil ones) but I find imposible to whittle this woods. My knifes are sharp, or so I think. I am looking at a lot of resources online and all the tutorials and guides, like the books from Harold Enlow, and I am absolutely unable to replicate their results as they all use basswood. Particularly, I am unable to perform good stop-cuts, as I can not penetrate the good any reasonable amount.

    Any recommendations? Thanks in advance, this community is amazing

    submitted by /u/marloquemegusta
    [link] [comments]

    complete beginner looking for advice on tools

    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 05:29 AM PDT

    Hi there,

    I'm interested in getting into wood carving and I have 0 experience in the field. I was wondering if any of you can offer your advice on the essential tools I need to carve something like a spoon. From a bit of research I'm thinking that the bare basics are a chip carving knife (something like this?), a hook knife(maybe this?) and a chisel(perhaps this one?).

    Are these tools enough to get me started? Also has anyone bought anything from toolsandtimber.co.uk and can confirm they are a decent company?

    I appreciate any advice, thanks!

    submitted by /u/OneEgg42
    [link] [comments]

    My first crack at woodcarving - picked up a $15 set of knives from Amazon and made a gnome!

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 08:05 PM PDT

    New set of comfort birds done! Walnut, Jatoba, Cherry, Curly Cherry, Hard Maple, Purpleheart, Padauk, and Amarela

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 06:28 PM PDT

    Pine wood?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 12:22 PM PDT

    Is pine wood good for carving? I really wouldn't think so but thought I'd ask.

    submitted by /u/SgtBaker798
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment