• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 21, 2021

    Wood carving When you scew up and have a head just laying around

    Wood carving When you scew up and have a head just laying around


    When you scew up and have a head just laying around

    Posted: 21 Oct 2021 02:22 AM PDT

    Red cedar bear hanging out on a fence

    Posted: 21 Oct 2021 02:21 AM PDT

    One side of a box.

    Posted: 21 Oct 2021 10:03 AM PDT

    Does anyone know what these are or where they would've come from? These were a thrifting find. I think they're decorative wall masks, but not sure from where? Maybe Polynesian or Asian?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2021 09:30 AM PDT

    Carving chisels/turning chisels?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2021 10:19 AM PDT

    I'm looking at some chisels described as "LATHE GOUGE CHISELS".

    They look a lot like regular carving chisels, are the ground differently?

    Is there any difference, I don't do wood turning but I do wood carving and I'm trying to build my arsenal of carving tools...and I don't want to buy something I can't use.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/1Surfrider
    [link] [comments]

    wooden pendants with stone and mother of pearl inlay

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 03:58 PM PDT

    Amazing carving skills of artisans - The art of wood carving

    Posted: 21 Oct 2021 03:06 AM PDT

    Looking for advice as someone who has never carved.

    Posted: 21 Oct 2021 02:51 AM PDT

    I've had my eye on wood carving for a few years now, and now thing in my life are clearing up to the point where I want to try it out. My question is, what is the best starter tools to go with between Mora and Beaver Craft as budget tools. And how do many of you source you wood for projects? I'm having a hard time finding Birch here in Oregon and most of the wood I have avalible to me is 2x4 boards etc at my local Jerry's. I need larger blocks to do bowls and thing of the sort.

    I'm looking for a block of birch wood to carve a kuksa out of and maybe other suggestions for alternatives (wood types). Most of the stuff I want to carve are bowls, cups, spoons, maybe the odd desk trinket here and there. I just really want a hobby that gets me out of the house in my spare time, and something that I can tangibly appreciate and even use. Thanks in advance for all responses! :D

    submitted by /u/NineMeterTallDemigod
    [link] [comments]

    carving a custom wood sign for etsy

    Posted: 21 Oct 2021 06:57 AM PDT

    Any idea who/when/where this would be from? Looks to be hand-carved, and has a metal stand as if it was displayed in a gallery of some sort. Any information would be helpful.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 02:51 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment