• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 11, 2021

    Wood carving Christmas rush

    Wood carving Christmas rush


    Christmas rush

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 09:11 AM PST

    I hand carved the Samus helmet from Metroid Dread (and made it glow in the dark)

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 09:08 AM PST

    Would love to know more about it

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 06:16 AM PST

    The whole family together at last!

    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 05:19 PM PST

    Halloween

    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 08:03 PM PST

    Making a mess at the kitchen table

    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 01:04 PM PST

    How to Hand Carve Simba out of Cherry Wood

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 10:03 AM PST

    Carving classical patterns for furniture - Carving skills from artisans

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 05:19 AM PST

    A little desk ornament in basswood

    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 12:01 PM PST

    This is my brother's YouTube page he's a chainsaw carver please check him out!

    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 06:22 PM PST

    Wondering where to start, about tools, wood, prevent cracking and any other things (Specifically Kuksas and Cutlery).

    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 12:55 PM PST

    Hi there. (I read through the guides on the sidebar but I can't get most of the stuff

    I'll keep this short, I have kinda fascination with knives. One thing led to another and now I am pondering to get some basic carving equipment instead of sinking money into knives I am not going to use much.

    Particularly I am interested in Kuksas and making tools like spoons and forks. Now I looked at woodcraft store and realized once again that I'm not living in the US.

    This leaves essentially Morakniv, Beavercraft, Pfeil, and some other brands (for which I have no money).

    So I'm wondering what tools I do need for making a Kuksas and some cutlery. As for what I have, Knife maintenance stuff, whetstones, a traditional Sami Knife (blades probably to large for finer stuff), and an Opinel No.8 Carbone. Also a field sharpener with loaded strop and a bottle of ballistol.

    Specifically for the Kuksas I want to know what to do to prevent cracking (as I've seen this happening on some posts here regarding Kuksas) and what a good wood type would be (I like curly birch but can fully understand if it isn't suited for these items).

    Thank you all for any help in advance.

    submitted by /u/M_Kammerer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment