• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 7, 2021

    Wood carving Sitting watching the sea made me carve my first whale

    Wood carving Sitting watching the sea made me carve my first whale


    Sitting watching the sea made me carve my first whale

    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 06:34 AM PST

    And the current state.

    Posted: 06 Nov 2021 06:41 PM PDT

    Finished the whales

    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 12:52 AM PDT

    Thanks to my small T-rex who thinks she’s a German shepherd, I now have a spork. Glad I didn’t spend hours hand carving this or anything….

    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 07:25 AM PST

    A few less abstract more realistic carvings.

    Posted: 06 Nov 2021 07:28 PM PDT

    New project coming along. Started shaping and sanding today

    Posted: 06 Nov 2021 01:39 PM PDT

    An urn for a customers late pet. Carved and burned on a vintage lane cedar box❤️ stones are labradorite and opal.

    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 08:37 AM PST

    What size mallet gouges for a starter doing small-medium carving?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 07:04 AM PST

    Hello, all. Looking to get into woodcarving. My primary interest isn't in whittling/smaller carvings, but wall pieces. I want to make masks (similar to the likes of dragon priests masks in skyrim), but I'm not sure how large a tool assortment I will need.

    I see lots of people recommend flexcut for beginners, so I think I'll go with them. I'm willing to spend $200 or less for some tools. From videos I've watched, it looks like relief carvings and mask carvings are done with gouges. I have no intention of one handing anything and I know I want to go with mallet gouges/chisels.

    I see flexcut has a 6 piece gouge set for $185 that has a 25mm, 17mm, 11mm, 6mm, 14mm, and 60degree vtool. I don't think I need that many gouges and could probably get by with 2-3 gouges and a vtool. Pricing out the individual tools in the kit, doesnt seem like much of a deal anyways.

    Any advice on what sizes I would need to make masks no larger than 12 inches height and 6 inches wide?

    submitted by /u/YossoMosso3217
    [link] [comments]

    These are the tools I’ve been playing with. What do y’all use?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 01:25 AM PST

    Another one.. The start and the result.

    Posted: 06 Nov 2021 06:29 PM PDT

    The art of carving flowers on wood

    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 01:33 AM PST

    Current project. From start.....

    Posted: 06 Nov 2021 06:38 PM PDT

    Basswood Ornament

    Posted: 06 Nov 2021 01:59 PM PDT

    What is the best book out there on woodworking?

    Posted: 06 Nov 2021 06:52 PM PDT

    I'm giving books on hobbies for Christmas this year. My dad has gotten into wood working these last few years. He's been doing hand and small machines. He carved me some insects for my birthday and added magnets for my fridge.

    What is your favorite book?

    submitted by /u/MHoaglund41
    [link] [comments]

    New to carving, having trouble with cutting the wood.

    Posted: 06 Nov 2021 06:09 PM PDT

    Hey, I'm pretty new to wood carving. This is the first project I've ever undertaken. I'm following this tutorial series: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e7DjwsF90kQ

    My problem is that it's WAY too hard to cut the wood with my knife. The knife and basswood are from beavercraft. In the video the knife cuts through the wood like it's butter, but I have to really struggle just to shave away at the wood, and my hands are already starting to get blistered. I would think it's because my fingers are just too weak but he doesn't even look like he's trying in the video. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/Sausage316316
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment