• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 23, 2019

    Wood carving Crawfish carved from cherry...

    Wood carving Crawfish carved from cherry...


    Crawfish carved from cherry...

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 06:03 AM PST

    Ready, set, go!!!

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 09:50 PM PST

    I've had an interest in woodworking/ woodcarving for some time now, and have watched many a videos of the work being done on YouTube, with little to no explanation of anything such as tools or techniques! A lot of the equipment seems rather expensive and I'm a little overwhelmed with the large number of different tools used. I'm wondering, as someone who has no equipment and no physical experience with the work or tools, where should I start!? What are the basic necessities, tools, and simple starter tricks of the trade!?! Even if it's just a good resource, such as a blog or channel somewhere that gets into the nitty gritty of it all. I just really want to start working with my hands more while I can!!

    submitted by /u/HelplesslyHippie
    [link] [comments]

    Parasite Wood

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 01:25 PM PST

    I was looking up wood carvings and saw some cool wood. Apparently it's called parasite wood. It looks really cool. I have tried finding out where to buy some but all I see is that it's already carved :(. I included a link below of an example of what I'm talking about. If you know of something that could be a good substitute, I'd be happy to hear that as well.

    https://www.etsy.com/listing/691483243/hammerhead-shark-sculpture-sea-life-fish?gpla=1&gao=1&utm_campaign=shopping_us_ParasiteHouse_sfc_osa&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_custom1=0&utm_content=19076644&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvaORkon-5QIVFpSzCh1vGQVBEAQYASABEgKtdvD_BwE

    submitted by /u/domthemom_2
    [link] [comments]

    DIY Chess Piece Rook - Basic Woodcarving

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 01:04 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment