• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 3, 2019

    Wood carving Little spoon

    Wood carving Little spoon


    Little spoon

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 06:04 AM PST

    hummingbird

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 07:11 PM PST

    Any tips on understanding form/figure for carving?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 08:07 AM PST

    I don't have the best artistic skills. I'm having trouble translating the shape of the carving in my mind into the wood. The stuff online is mainly about clay modeling. Any suggested books or articles?

    submitted by /u/conspiracyoflemurs
    [link] [comments]

    Tonight’s project

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 06:37 PM PST

    A Stump Job In Progress From This Summer

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 02:12 PM PST

    Current thoughts on Schaaf tools?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 01:00 PM PST

    I see a post from 2 years ago from u/bandit69 and another from 10 months ago suggesting Schaaf tools gouge & chisel set, but it sounds like u/bandit69 is basing the recommendation on appearance and specs, rather than hands-on use.

    Has anyone had any hands-on experience with using and maintaining them, especially someone with enough experience to be a good judge?

    I am trying to decide if I should go with these or continue to hold out for a Pfeil set at 4x-6x cost. So far, I've worked with knives, hook knives & palm tools but would like to try this style.

    submitted by /u/wcooley
    [link] [comments]

    Recommended kit for beginners?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 11:48 AM PST

    Hi all,

    My wife asked Santa for a wood whittling kit. Do you guys recommend a beginner's kit? I figure there are 'deals' out there for Cyber Monday. I don't want to guess and buy junk. I'd appreciate your recommendations for a beginner's kit. TIA

    submitted by /u/terceslil
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment