• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 17, 2019

    Wood carving Made this for my sister for Christmas.

    Wood carving Made this for my sister for Christmas.


    Made this for my sister for Christmas.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 05:34 AM PST

    Canary bird - part of a four animal order before Christmas (happy xmas everyone!)

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 08:15 AM PST

    A small weird shaped spoon. My first time carving anything.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 03:24 AM PST

    Made this for my grandmother as an early Christmas present. I was asked by multiple family members for one as well. [Not the best photo]

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 05:56 PM PST

    A little gift I made (pine with linseed oil and soot)

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 06:28 AM PST

    Spent 18 hours waiting to unload my truck without internet, carved this from a rotting sign post.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 10:25 AM PST

    Beginner Tools - Not too Pricey?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 01:50 AM PST

    I'm going to start wood carving next year, just small sculptures. Not microscopic just about the size of an average human hand, of animals and stuff, unsure what specifically just yet but I'm thinking of starting with an elephant.

    What are the best tools for a beginner which don't cost too much? And how do you get a smooth finish? Could someone give me a small list which isn't too overwhelming? Also I've heard Bass wood is best but some have reccomended wood from Yew trees. Which do you suggest?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/GreenSpeed134
    [link] [comments]

    frog

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 06:54 PM PST

    Purpose & demonstration of Flexcut scorps and unusually-shaped knives?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 03:04 PM PST

    Does anyone know the purpose of some of the more unusually-shaped knives that Flexcut offers? Specifically, the KN18 "Pelican", the KN28 "Upsweep", KN33 "Hooked Push" and KN36 "Radius"?

    I have read the Flexcut's descriptions but am still unclear about what kind of cuts would call for such a specialized shape.

    Also, I got a set of Flexcut scorps as a gift a couple years but I am struggling to find where or when to use them. When I do see an opportunity to use them, I usually end up wishing a had also the other-handed set, because I am cutting something symmetric and cannot reach half of it.

    I am guessing that, like chip-carving knives, these are all made for some specialized woodcarving discipline and not used much outside of it.

    Extra-bonus-double points if you can provide videos demonstrating the use of any of these exotic knives or small scorps like these Flexcut ones.

    submitted by /u/wcooley
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment