• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 1, 2020

    Wood carving I carved this little moai (Easter Island head) out of willow wood. Willow is a wonderful soft hardwood for carving. I haven't decided on a finish yet.

    Wood carving I carved this little moai (Easter Island head) out of willow wood. Willow is a wonderful soft hardwood for carving. I haven't decided on a finish yet.


    I carved this little moai (Easter Island head) out of willow wood. Willow is a wonderful soft hardwood for carving. I haven't decided on a finish yet.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 01:43 AM PST

    My sixth whittled figurine - NSFW

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 10:42 PM PST

    Made a video of a crank bait fishing lure I made. Hope you enjoy :)

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 07:35 AM PST

    Fish hook necklace. Material - bog oak

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 12:41 AM PST

    My current project. Cured Aspen octopus in the rough stages

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 10:52 AM PST

    Hi, newbie carver/ first carve- two rough cut birds

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 07:07 AM PST

    Hi, newbie carver/ first carve- two rough cut birds

    Hi,

    I finally did my first real carving the other day, just two very crude birds cut and carved out of soft construction timber with a Stanley blade and Thread Saw. features were burned on with a wood burning iron and stained Mahogany. Lots to learn and improve on but its a great feeling to finish a project. Have a Good Day

    https://preview.redd.it/v3ibk5z7cce41.jpg?width=900&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=bc9cba6764c5c2657493761e4bf7c00ce1797d56

    submitted by /u/PineSculptor
    [link] [comments]

    Loki mask I carved recently.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 05:04 PM PST

    Ring attempt #6 is a success! Up until this attempt the rings kept cracking when I tried to trim down the body as evident in the background. No idea what the wood is :D

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 04:54 PM PST

    Love this artwork I saw during a trip to Matala, Crete, Greece

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 02:29 AM PST

    Close up of the head of my Octopus. I have a full body rough out pic in another post.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 08:52 PM PST

    Favorite things to carve

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 06:01 PM PST

    If you could only carve one type of item for the rest of your life what would it be and why?

    submitted by /u/oshareoshiri
    [link] [comments]

    Family photo - all elm from a recent haul

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 01:53 PM PST

    [Help] Hook knife losing edge almost instantly

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 03:39 PM PST

    So I bought this hook knife to do some spoon carving with. I carved a couple of smallish spoons with it out of poplar and mahogany (both hard-ish woods). I then tried carving a coffee scoop out of basswood, and after 3-4 cuts, the cuts become very difficult and the hook knife needs honing. I could feel the edge of the blade curling up. I wasn't doing anything crazy with it, and it happened whether I went with or against the grain. My straight blades cut through the wood with ease.

    I have no idea why this is happening. Is it my technique? I see videos on Youtube with people using similar or shallower knives and they cut like butter. What am I missing?

    submitted by /u/ivanparas
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment