• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 15, 2020

    Wood carving My attempt at a Caduceus. Started carving a spiral, thought it looked like a snake, got carried away and here’s the end product.

    Wood carving My attempt at a Caduceus. Started carving a spiral, thought it looked like a snake, got carried away and here’s the end product.


    My attempt at a Caduceus. Started carving a spiral, thought it looked like a snake, got carried away and here’s the end product.

    Posted: 15 Sep 2020 06:06 AM PDT

    I'm gonna apologize ahead of time for this one. I carved a royal spoonbill to accompany the cassowary.

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 04:29 PM PDT

    First attempt at spoon carving. Black walnut.

    Posted: 15 Sep 2020 09:20 AM PDT

    Made a wooden mouse for my nephews 1 year birthday

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 07:40 PM PDT

    Got a case of the Mondays? Cause I'm feeling crabby

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 01:56 PM PDT

    My first attempt with tree spirits... kinda

    Posted: 15 Sep 2020 09:56 AM PDT

    My dad carved/painted a life sized snowowl.

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 06:03 PM PDT

    Is it possible to use sand paper to smooth this out?

    Posted: 15 Sep 2020 12:07 AM PDT

    Carving wood S_tech

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 10:39 PM PDT

    evening photo from the workshop))

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    Band saw, scroll saw or jig saw for closely shaped blanks?

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 05:21 PM PDT

    I have wrist problems and want to minimize the need for power cuts and use my hands more for whittling; however, I'm having so much trouble figuring out the best saw for making utensil blanks (spoons, spatulas, etc), serving boards and more. For the people who use a saw to get close to your outline, which type of saw do you use??

    submitted by /u/geologicalgeology
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to get into wood carving, what tools do I need?

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 11:17 AM PDT

    I was looking at this kit:

    https://www.amazon.com/BeaverCraft-S15-Whittling-Wood-Carving/dp/B07P578XFV?th=1

    Would this be fine for a beginner? I am not sure what the purpose of the different knifes are, if these are sufficient for most things, if I would need others, do I need anything to sharpen them? What finger guards or gloves should I get?

    Any help is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/H1s4n
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment