• Breaking News

    Monday, September 14, 2020

    Wood carving Second carving done. Thanks to my girlfriend for painting the details

    Wood carving Second carving done. Thanks to my girlfriend for painting the details


    Second carving done. Thanks to my girlfriend for painting the details

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 06:24 AM PDT

    A driveway Guardian in Cedar

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 07:52 PM PDT

    First carving I’ve done, feedback appreciated

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 06:53 PM PDT

    I uh, not sure what I've done here, but wanted to share anyways

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 05:41 PM PDT

    Today's first attempt at carving.

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    Got the eyes in and went for a more realistic shape for the tail.

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 01:38 AM PDT

    Clown or bum?

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 03:59 AM PDT

    Told y’all I had two big basswood trees cut down

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 04:08 PM PDT

    Where to get small amounts of wood?

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 06:03 PM PDT

    What is a good way/place to get my hands on small quantities of wood to play with? At this point, I'm at the level of "complete noob" though I am an old hand with pocket knives and firewood play.

    I do have some access to forest preserve areas, but taking anything out of the park is technically illegal. I don't have any qualms about removing smaller pieces of wood that are already fallen.

    But I'm also interested in finding places to buy small quantities of interesting or attractive woods to work with. Where could I find some of these online?

    submitted by /u/oath_coach
    [link] [comments]

    I am slowly working my way through Peter Follansbee's book. Six feet of layout done. Six more to go.

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 05:28 PM PDT

    Most important tools for wood jewellery?

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 11:32 PM PDT

    I have some wood carving experience, but I never owned a set.

    Now I would like to take up on it again. I have access to a wood workshop but I still need some whittling/carving tools. Which ones are important for detailed work? I suppose getting different sizes of v gouges and knives and chisels?

    submitted by /u/choush1
    [link] [comments]

    Carving/Shaping Handplanes for Bodysurfing

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 08:13 PM PDT

    Hello new to this sub. Recently I got back into making hand planes for bodysurfing. I usually make them using a jig saw, orbital sander, and a wood file. This has worked fairly well except I'm looking for ways to boost my ability to carve more sharp details and channels. The file really only allows me to round out corners. What tools or resources should I use to help me with this growth?

    submitted by /u/nice-to-meat-me
    [link] [comments]

    Excellent Tutorial for Carving Faces!

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    Donut Necklace

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 01:25 PM PDT

    Does acrylic paint works well on wood scultpures ?

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 12:55 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment