• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 17, 2020

    Wood carving Oak Wood Mask inspired by the movie Cub (2014) OC

    Wood carving Oak Wood Mask inspired by the movie Cub (2014) OC


    Oak Wood Mask inspired by the movie Cub (2014) OC

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 03:47 AM PST

    Christmas gnome. Not 100% sold on the colors but fun to make!

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 05:20 AM PST

    Something I’ll actually use

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 03:58 AM PST

    4 very simple Santa's ready for gifting

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 03:23 AM PST

    My Secret Santa 2020 giftee loves Radiohead! Probably the strangest thing I’ve yet to carve. Weird but fun!

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 06:08 PM PST

    My two favourite cuts to make when finishing a spoon.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 12:07 AM PST

    Carving Knife Recommendations

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 05:34 PM PST

    I'm sure you all get this a lot, but I'm looking for some info about purchasing some carving knives. I'm interested in learning to carve some spoons. I'm new to carving but not to crafts, tools, woodworking, etc. so I'd prefer to buy something of a decent quality. I have about $100 to spend. Can someone help me out?

    submitted by /u/JohnnyOToole
    [link] [comments]

    Best ways to finish a project?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 06:49 PM PST

    Looking for some best ways you've found to finish a carving project more naturally than lacquer. I've used linseed oil. Any experience with bees wax? And if you do use a lacquer or other Stain/finish what do you prefer???? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Breadliketheloaf
    [link] [comments]

    My first piece this size - working through a heavily cracked piece of cherry wood. 3 hours down, many more to go!

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 01:39 PM PST

    Tips for torching your carving?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 05:31 PM PST

    Does anyone have any experience with adding a torched look to their carvings? At what point would I want to torch it? My current process is:

    1) Apply linseed oil 2) Paint carving 3) Apply clear coat to finish

    At what step would I want to add the torching? Before I oil? After painting? Any other tips I should know? I've searched Google and have not been able to find an answer to my specific question so I figured this would be a good place to ask!

    Edit: a word

    submitted by /u/IWasLikeEMILI0000
    [link] [comments]

    Cut outs without a bandsaw

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 01:15 PM PST

    Is a bandsaw required to make cut outs? Every beginner video always says "yeah just bring your block over to the band saw" and start with a cut out. I am not trying to spend $300.

    I'm trying to make a duck decoy. And it would be easier to start from a cut out. Is that absolutely necessary or can you achieve it with just a knife?

    submitted by /u/deadheadjim
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment