• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 11, 2021

    Wood carving Second carving in the books!

    Wood carving Second carving in the books!


    Second carving in the books!

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 05:45 AM PST

    Thought this was worth sharing here if you haven't seen it.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 06:27 PM PST

    Honey bee

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 07:45 AM PST

    Hog.

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 09:28 AM PST

    This is my third project pretty close to being finished, I'm new to woodcarving but I'm super hyped about this lil doggy!��

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 12:51 PM PST

    I made this guy this week, pretty happy with how it turned out. Glad to see fast progress after starting a couple months ago.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 09:15 PM PST

    Help a beginner

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 04:57 AM PST

    So I've always wanted to carve since I was tiny but had overbearing parents that didn't want me touching knives or something. Now I'm an adult with my own business and a bit of money (not much 😬) looking to start. A) can I please have recommendations of brands and places to buy starting knives and wood. I'm UK based and my budget is small. B) what are good projects for total beginners other than a spoon? I've always had an interest in stone boiling so would eventually like to make a large bowl but I'm guessing that would need a big expensive bit of wood and is pretty ambitious for one of my first few projects. Thanks in advance everyone

    submitted by /u/Rich-Mastodon8887
    [link] [comments]

    a new flat plane carving

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 05:30 PM PST

    First project I haven’t lost a concerning amount of blood on!! Not /awful/ but I want to try to make another

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 01:45 PM PST

    I started out using my Dremel Flex Shaft for the outline, then I used the Mastercraft chisels to shape the body along with my Husky utility knife to complete it. Once I completed this, I used the Wood Burning pen with a universal tip to burn all the outer skin pattern and my personal signature.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 06:18 PM PST

    Finishing advice?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 02:06 PM PST

    Compound build-up on knife when stropping? (Pics)

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 03:03 AM PST

    Disclaimer, I'm a total newcomer to woodcarving, especially when it comes to sharpening tools. I bought a basic kit off Amazon that included a leather strop, some green compound and a set of knives.

    I can get the knives pretty sharp using a dual grit whetstone but I'm either clueless about how I'm supposed to work with a strop or something's not right.

    I've watched several videos online but I just can't seem to catch where I'm going wrong.

    https://ibb.co/wJKfscY (close-up) https://ibb.co/sCBRgFG (strop + compound)

    After applying compound to the smooth side of the leather strop I drag the blade (rather than push) across the surface several times then repeat in the other direction. This only results in a build-up of green compound on my blade which I have to then wipe off rather painstakingly.

    Any tips?

    submitted by /u/Chawree
    [link] [comments]

    Indian, like in the movie " Dances with wolves". (Wind-in-his-hair)

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 12:57 PM PST

    First carving project

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 08:38 PM PST

    Knife suggestions?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 06:53 PM PST

    So! Does anyone have any knife sets they like to use for everyday wood carving? I like to carve lil animals during my college classes instead of listening to the lectures. I'd like to get a nice, sturdy set of knives that I won't have to replace all the time- In addition to a cut-proof glove, of course. I've possibly been using an exacto knife which... 👉🏻👈🏻 probably isn't my best bet.

    submitted by /u/mrwwebb
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment