• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 18, 2021

    Wood carving A little wooden rose fridge magnet (WIP)

    Wood carving A little wooden rose fridge magnet (WIP)


    A little wooden rose fridge magnet (WIP)

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 07:58 AM PDT

    Little coffee scoop out of a fallen branch in the back yard. First attempt at kolrosing, which proved to be more difficult than I anticipated. Still pretty happy with the outcome

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 08:39 AM PDT

    Farm Country Scene Wood Carving Finished!!

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 12:37 PM PDT

    handcarved boog yew wood pendant with added bits of baltic amber. I wanted to make something with a preistoric charm

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 02:15 AM PDT

    Newbie, well wannabe with a question

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 10:48 AM PDT

    Let me start by saying I have never carved anything besides my grandpa showing me how to whittle when I was real young. Also, I subscribe to the thought of but as nice of a tool as you can afford at the time.

    But I was wanting to get a starter set or two or three basic chisels to start with, was about to buy the 4 piece set of pfeil from woodcraft and then balked and didn't yet. Then I saw the Schaaf set on Amazon that has good overall reviews but a few problem reviews as well. Amd was wondering if anyone had tried them and if they have decent steel and are a decent set? If it's just sharpening and a little extra work to get them up and going but afterwards they are good then awesome! But if they are bad and not worth it then I won't. The reason I didn't get the pfiel set is because I was just going to buy a gouge and V tool separately to get started bc I have a decent set of chisels and don't need the chip carving knife or straight chisel(I don't think).

    So I just figured I would ask here what the best foot forward would be eg. A decent cheap set(like the Schaaf or maybe narex) to get up and going or just get 2 pfeil(gouge and v tool) and then add as I go when needed? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/tomrob1138
    [link] [comments]

    Need a suggestion

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 06:40 AM PDT

    Hi, I've been looking for a knife for carving wood for a while and can't really find anything, my max price would be about £40 any suggestions would be great.

    submitted by /u/SunburntReddit
    [link] [comments]

    One of a kind cobra mustang sign, all natural wood no stain or dyes added and pieces are hand cut using a scrollsaw. Follow me on Instagram @Dust_Til_Dawn to see more of my work.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 09:13 AM PDT

    Carving a HUGE Epoxy & Wood Block Into a Human Figure / Chainsaw Carving...

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 08:58 AM PDT

    How to make a Classic TV Cabinet with meticulously carved patterns

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 09:57 PM PDT

    what should i make with this small piece of driftwood? i think it might be too small for a spoon

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 10:19 PM PDT

    Custom Coyote Mustang sign. All natural wood no stains or dyes added and hand cut with a scroll saw. Check out my other work on my Instagram page @Dust_Til_Dawn

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 02:29 PM PDT

    Tool recommendations

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 02:02 PM PDT

    Recommendations:

    Hi all, (I hope this is the right sub, sorry for formatting on mobile!) Looking for some recommendations on carving tools. My husband has recently taken it up, and has been doing some cool designs on skateboards he's been painting but is finding the cheap kinda starter kits aren't really good enough (obviously haha). I want to surprise him for his birthday with a decent set. I'm in the UK if that makes a difference at all.

    Thank you in advance :)

    submitted by /u/hecticRCx
    [link] [comments]

    Friends, I offer a new video about the beginning of work on a new project, the subtitles are in English

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 01:59 PM PDT

    Thistle oil

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 01:53 PM PDT

    Hi, i just finished my first kuksa and was wondering if it ok to use thistle oil as a finish for it, has any of you any experience with it?

    submitted by /u/ThinMartin
    [link] [comments]

    Replacement for ivory (scrimshaw)

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 12:12 PM PDT

    Hey just jumping on this sub for some suggestions. I'm looking for a pale wood that is able to be carved by hand. Also any info on a online vendor for said goods.

    submitted by /u/Zizaku
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment