• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 26, 2021

    Wood carving Ginkgo leaf

    Wood carving Ginkgo leaf


    Ginkgo leaf

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 04:20 AM PDT

    My best wizard so far

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 11:06 AM PDT

    A little sculpture I just finished. Russian olive and black walnut.

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 08:20 PM PDT

    Carving flowers on wood by artisans with more than 20 years of experience

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 02:51 AM PDT

    My recent work dolphin handmade wooden work

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 02:40 AM PDT

    First real stab at acanthus. Any good recs as to where I can find good methods for this leaf?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 01:38 PM PDT

    Can someone help me with wood identification?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 11:50 AM PDT

    I never cease to admire the skill of my beloved husband's carving.��

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 01:36 PM PDT

    WW2 soldier painted and some WIP pics.

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 05:01 AM PDT

    Library Bookends

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 12:35 PM PDT

    Pompano fish carving, maple

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 05:20 PM PDT

    Lemon in a spoon :)

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 10:59 PM PDT

    Few shots of my recent carvings, what do you guys think? Never been taught how to carve just picked one up and tapped away on some MDF and was pleasantly surprised.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 11:11 PM PDT

    Working with cocobolo?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 12:12 PM PDT

    Hi, generally a woodworking novice here. I've made a bunch of stuff out of cedar and other softer woods but I have never worked with a really hard wood before.

    I was hoping to make a tray out of a leftover piece of cocobolo from a remodeled deck. The piece is in great shape and fits the dimensions I need. I wanted to ask some people who know more about woodworking how doable this would be without serious machine tools? I've got a dremel as well as an assortment of cutting tools, but nothing super serious such as a lathe (I can't imagine why I'd ever need a lathe for this, though).

    Would it be possible to carve out an indent for a tray in this with tools like a hook knife and dremel rotary tool? Or should I go for a different wood?

    submitted by /u/Shelbydog18
    [link] [comments]

    Circular wood blanks

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 10:15 AM PDT

    Does anybody know where I can buy circular wood blanks of nice wood like butternut or walnut or something like that? Something an inch thick and 4x4 inches but instead of just being a regular square it's already cut into a circle.

    submitted by /u/Puedd
    [link] [comments]

    Real Madrid

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 04:33 AM PDT

    pfeil Swiss Made - Color on Hands

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 07:11 AM PDT

    I have a Pfeil Veiner (#11?) and a gouge (#8?). They're both of high quality, get the job done, and have beautiful dark wood handles. I noticed one day while using the veiner that my hand was yellow, as if a highlighter exploded in my hand. It turns out my hand sweat was...pulling something yellow out of the handle? I am really at a loss here. It transferred whatever this stuff is to the piece I was working on and stained it a bit.

    Does anyone have a similar issue with anything by pfeil? Or, what would you recommend to fix this? I thought about giving a Danish Oil finish to maybe lock in whatever this yellow stuff is. I'm open to all advice. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/pcbuildsquestion
    [link] [comments]

    this is an extremely complex project, all the details are hand-engraved and handcrafted by artisans. I call this an art project. 50 people working together and 200 working days

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 09:11 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment