• Breaking News

    Monday, April 26, 2021

    Wood carving Finished up this bird skull in Juniper, carved with one chisel.

    Wood carving Finished up this bird skull in Juniper, carved with one chisel.


    Finished up this bird skull in Juniper, carved with one chisel.

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 05:56 PM PDT

    A wiggly spoon I carved with an old fir 2x4

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 09:45 PM PDT

    My video is five years old, interesting to watch)

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 02:59 AM PDT

    My latest carving/burning/painting project.

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 06:52 PM PDT

    My second spoon. Maple and a days work.

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 03:37 PM PDT

    Tried adding a little burning to a carving for the first time. Small knife out of basswood

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 06:11 PM PDT

    Has anyone developed a 'signature carving'?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 04:25 PM PDT

    I find that there are times where I'm more interested in carving to just make shavings/zone out than actually try to make something really good, and I've seen some people on instagram that tend to make the same thing again and again. I'm working on getting into spoons on the side, but I was thinking of something maybe 2 inches long at most so that I could stick the knife/glove/block of wood in a backpack and knock it out kind of quickly. Ideally it would be a unique design that could be done with 1-2 tools and I'd like to just make a bunch of them.

    submitted by /u/QianLu
    [link] [comments]

    Cockatrice Wood Burn

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 07:37 PM PDT

    The Naushon...I once rode this vessel when leaving Albany to deliver a model to Nantucket. Years later this Naushon Diorama (created in wood) was commissioned by a resident on Martha's Vineyard.

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 11:55 AM PDT

    Rough out knife with a thicker blade?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 05:41 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    I currently use a Drake Gil knife for my roughout knife. I like it a lot but I'm noticing that I can't seem to chunk out bits as well as say John Overby or Doug Linker. Obviously it could be that my basswood is harder or my stropping needs some work, but I'm starting to think it might be my knife. I'm pretty careful with it (same with my Drake detail knife) because the blade feels so fragile and thin. Are there any other carving knife makers I could try that have a thicker or more robust roughout? OCC maybe? Helvies seem nigh impossible to get these days.

    submitted by /u/MasterOBarf
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment