• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 29, 2021

    Wood carving HI 👋 A friend said to try carving and I like it alot. I'm visualising paint, i want to get primer and do it right. Tips? 🙏

    Wood carving HI �� A friend said to try carving and I like it alot. I'm visualising paint, i want to get primer and do it right. Tips? ��


    HI �� A friend said to try carving and I like it alot. I'm visualising paint, i want to get primer and do it right. Tips? ��

    Posted: 29 Sep 2021 01:50 AM PDT

    A different batch/style of comfort birds.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2021 05:42 PM PDT

    A bear I carved last year from cedar.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2021 01:51 PM PDT

    My first carving

    Posted: 28 Sep 2021 12:17 PM PDT

    Spoon carving - what wood and from where?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2021 01:36 PM PDT

    Greetings all. I've been lurking here for a while now. I used to work at a large historic site where I learned some wood working as well as broom making. I'd make spoons to fill the time, but always with tools that weren't mine.

    I've picked up a couple of knives and a mora hook knife and made two spoons so far. Still need to clean them up some. One is out of basswood and one from cherry. Both were precut blanks. Where's a good place to pick up more wood for spoons? And what kind of wood?

    We travel a lot for work so I don't have other tools to take with me. Any suggestions for sources and types of wood are appreciated. I'm located in the US.

    submitted by /u/ReluctantHistorian
    [link] [comments]

    Stencil making/transfers

    Posted: 28 Sep 2021 12:57 PM PDT

    Does anyone have experience using Cricut or similar electronic cutting machines to make stencils for projects? I love chip carving, but transferring patterns by hand via transfer paper is so time consuming, especially for patterns I plan to make repeat carvings of.

    submitted by /u/doyouknowwatiamsayin
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment