• Breaking News

    Monday, September 27, 2021

    Wood carving my first carving attempt (not finished yet) what do you think ?

    Wood carving my first carving attempt (not finished yet) what do you think ?


    my first carving attempt (not finished yet) what do you think ?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 06:00 AM PDT

    Handcarved walnut bowl #2 of 3 for my 2nd commission. I don't know what was going on with this guy, but it was the hardest piece of walnut I've ever worked with. Tools were sharp, it was just a dang tough hunk of wood. Walnut oil, then the walnut oil, beeswax, carnauba wax mix.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 05:02 AM PDT

    6" x 15" on a natural cut piece

    Posted: 26 Sep 2021 07:01 PM PDT

    Thanks for all of the inspiration. Decided to get into the game. Here’s my first carving at a comfort bird.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 09:00 AM PDT

    Little update! Almost finished

    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 02:35 AM PDT

    "Netsuke Squirrel" [Carved from a Single (deformed) Walnut Shell] by Brokenland Art & Photography ca. 1984

    Posted: 26 Sep 2021 04:53 PM PDT

    My first attempt at wood carving, it's a little rough and I realized my tools need to be sharpened, but overall I'm proud of how it came out. May go back and touch it up a little after I sharpen my tools.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2021 09:58 PM PDT

    GrapeWood Table restoration

    Posted: 26 Sep 2021 01:06 PM PDT

    Hi, not sure if this is where I should post or not. If there's a better sub, please let me know!

    I inherited 2 beautiful Grape Wood tables this weekend. They once had a darker color to them, but now they are gray. They had been used outside, covered area for the past few years.

    I power washed them today and while they were wet, they looked beautiful! But as they dried, they turned to a gray color.

    I was hoping to stain them darker tomorrow. I looked all over the internet before this post, I'm having a hard time finding what I'm asking.

    Any tips, information, or caution notices before I bite the bullet and apply stain?

    submitted by /u/SKMiller85
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment