• Breaking News

    Friday, December 27, 2019

    Wood carving Sorry if it's a repost but damn...

    Wood carving Sorry if it's a repost but damn...


    Sorry if it's a repost but damn...

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 04:44 AM PST

    Little perched bird

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 06:39 AM PST

    Thought this would be appreciated. Sorry if it's been shared

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 02:06 PM PST

    Snowman

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 09:23 PM PST

    Thea and Kristian

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 08:25 AM PST

    [First carving], also my first post here. Everything I’ve seen or read said to try carving an egg first...so here it is along with the Case Seahorse my wife bought me for Christmas. Carved at my desk, don’t tell the boss.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 08:56 AM PST

    Some cottonwood bark carvings I have made

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 05:46 PM PST

    My grandma has skills. This is one of her less detailed pieces

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 11:50 AM PST

    What do I do when I encounter this? Is there a term for such a thing. This is walnut, if that helps.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 10:00 AM PST

    Looking to start, any decent tools I can grab on a budget to give it a try?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 08:23 AM PST

    Don't really want to spend more than £10-20 if possible, to get whatever I need. Is there more needed than a knife, sandpaper, wood?

    I've also seen that there are multiple different types of knives on the wiki, does carving have to be done with those types of knives? I was thinking of grabbing myself a multitool with my christmas money, so I was wondering if it might be able to double up as a carving knife.

    Links v. much appreciated if you've got them, thanks!

    submitted by /u/HellFireOmega
    [link] [comments]

    Monabat Kari Desktop Clock (Iranian Wood Carving)

    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 03:17 AM PST

    Monabat Kari Desktop Clock (Iranian Wood Carving)

    Monabat Desktop Clock

    Steps to build a Monabat Kari Desktop Clock (Iranian Wood Carving)

    To make this Iranian wood carving desktop clock, I first found pear wood from nature and after the carpentry, I thought about choosing a design for it. Because I wanted to make a clock, So I started designing flowers and bushes on the wood. Next, I cut the designs one by one with wood carving (Monabat Kari) tools. When I carved the original shape of the motifs on the wood, I started cutting parts of the stems. After carving slowly on other parts of the Monabat Kari desktop clock, the flowers and bushes showed more of themselves. To make the wood carving desktop clock look more beautiful, I deepened the circle of the product. It is very difficult to do, but I did it with the patience and need for wood carving. The product became more beautiful when I worked out the designs. I also put a wooden board under the Monabat Kari desktop clock. On a wooden board made of a pear tree, geometric motifs are drawn and the front side is cut with a fretsaw. For more beauty of the clock screen, I designed and glued the leather.

    submitted by /u/Iranian_Handicrafts
    [link] [comments]

    Quick gnome and some experiments with color.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 10:24 PM PST

    A tanuki I carved as a christmas gift, I made sure to keep a certain *ahem* feature accurate to more traditional depictions

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 10:55 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment