• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 23, 2020

    Wood carving My first spoon, made from maple reclaimed from the firewood pile

    Wood carving My first spoon, made from maple reclaimed from the firewood pile


    My first spoon, made from maple reclaimed from the firewood pile

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 03:58 PM PST

    This guys psyched just to have been whittled

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 06:09 PM PST

    Finished a wood engraved portrait of my dog.

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 01:05 PM PST

    what size chisel/gouges should I get to start relief carving?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 04:24 PM PST

    I normally do regular woodcarving, but I'd like to also try and get into relief carving. I'm kinda frugal by nature though so id rather not immediately dump money into entire sets of gouges and chisels and instead just buy what ill need primarily to start with and then slowly buy more particular ones over time.

    So what sizes should I start with? I've seen a 5 sweep gouge recommended as a good all around tool, what else?

    Also looking for recommended budget friendly brands that are preferably available on amazon.

    submitted by /u/BoneyGemini
    [link] [comments]

    Any suggestions on how to even begin this? More details in comments

    Posted: 22 Feb 2020 03:41 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment